ANENA training: avalanche risk management (Savoie)
from 80 € / p. from 4 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
In partnership with the ANENA (National Association for the Study of Snow and Avalanches), I offer this training course with the objective of acquiring the basics of avalanche risk management in snowshoeing: practical snow conditions and safety in snowy terrain. It is for anyone who wants to evolve in a snowy environment, snowshoeing, ski touring or off-piste skiing.
This day takes place in Savoie, in the Beaufortain massif, at the top of the resort of Arêches-Beaufort*.
At the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Analyze an Avalanche Risk Assessment Bulletin,
- Identify unfavorable snow and weather conditions,
- Observe and analyze the different surface conditions of the snow layers,
- Read and interpret unfavorable terrain indicators,
- Evaluate the stability of the snow using a simple tool (Nivotest),
- Use simple strategies to progress in snowy terrain,
- Communicate information and basic instructions with the group.
To take full advantage of this day, you must:
- Have an autonomous practice of snowshoeing.
- Have knowledge of rescue equipment (avalanche beacon, probe, shovel),
- To be able to at least :
- Use the basic functions of the avalanche beacon.
- Carry and assemble your equipment.
For this day you can bring the following items:
- Safety equipment (avalanche beacon, metal shovel, probe).
- Snowshoes and poles.
- Clothing and accessories:
- Waterproof jacket.
- Thermal layer (down jacket or fleece).
- Adapted pants (type of ski touring, cross-country skiing, mountaineering).
- Leggings if necessary.
- A pair of warm gloves and a pair of light gloves.
- Hat (and / or neck warmer).
- Sun cream.
- Notebook and pen for taking notes.
- Drink / food :
- 1 liter water bottle and / or thermos,
- Picnic to take out of the bag.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you need more information ("INFOS & BOOKING" button).
* In order to optimize the training time, we will take a hiker's pass to reach the top of the resort (pass to be purchased in the morning).
- 9.30am: Meeting in Arêches-Beaufort, Le Planay (about 35 minutes drive from Albertville).
Welcome and presentation of the day's objectives.
- 9am - 10.30am: Ski lift in Arêches resort.
- Theoretical basis of typical avalanche situations and slab mechanisms.
- Analysis of the BERA (Avalanche Risk Assessment Bulletin) and human factors.
- 10.30am - 12.30am: On the field.
- Observation of the different surface conditions of the snow and interpretation of unfavorable terrain indications.
- Evaluation of the stability of the snow using simple tools.
- 12.30am - 1.30pm: Lunch.
- 1.30pm - 2pm: Briefing of the morning.
- 2pm - 4.30pm: On the field (hiking).
- Definition of simple strategies for progression in snowy terrain and implementation of adequate tactics.
- Analysis of surface conditions and estimation of slopes.
- Human factors and decision support tools.
- Communication of information and basic instructions with the group.
- 4.30pm - 5pm: Debriefing of the day.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- The educational materials developed by ANENA.
The price does not include
- Transport to the place of departure.
- Personal drinks.
- The "hiker" lift pass (7€).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking