Hiking and relaxing stay in Gap (Hautes-Alpes)
Duration : 5 days
France, Southern Alps
Level : from easy to difficult
from 650 € / p. from 8 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
From our lodge in Gap, I propose you a "star-shaped hikes and relaxation" stay in the Hautes-Alpes. During these few days, these are my most beautiful walks and my favorites that I propose you to share.
This stay is reserved for groups (8 people minimum), you can choose your dates and the duration of your stay.
The access to the departure of the hikes is done by car (35 minutes of road maximum). The difficulty of the itineraries is adapted to the level of the group:
- Sporty group with hikes up to 1000 meters of positive difference in altitude,
- Easier group (if the group is older or if there is not a homogeneity of level and desire, but the members wish to stay together), which allows :
- A non-walker to join the group. Our lodging is pleasant, many small walks are possible from there. The free bus of the city of Gap is only 10 minutes walk from the lodge, which also makes it possible to go to visit the capital of the Southern Alps, its old heart, its cathedral, its peasant market, its stores...
- To anyone who wishes to take a day break at the lodge during the week.
- To imagine a day of collective break in the week, with rest or cultural visits (castle of Montmaur, Dauphinoise house, castle of Charance with its French gardens and its botanical conservatory...).
- To propose a really customized stay: the star-shaped hikes, contrary to an itinerant stay, allow to choose the difficulty of the outings according to the level, the shape and the desires of the group.
Our lodge is in a privileged place with 300 days of sunshine per year and a central location in the south of the Hautes-Alpes. You will discover a great diversity of landscapes:
- The lakes of the Écrins National Park.
- The sheep pastures of the Dévoluy massif.
- The lavender fields of the Buëch.
- The gorges and rivers of the Gapençais.
- The passes and summits of Champsaur.
Back from your walk, you can enjoy our beautiful barrel sauna of 8 places, heated with a wood stove: nothing better to evacuate the tensions and to relax.
The reception is family in our lodging, with Dominique, Étienne and their 3 daughters (Lise, Lucie and Julie). We have 5 rooms, for a maximum of 12 people. The lodge is located in an old farmhouse entirely restored on the heights of Gap, in the heart of the Hautes-Alpes.
Dominique is our cordon bleu. The principle is to make you discover a family cooking composed of simmered dishes, local dishes (donkey ears, jailles, salted and sweet pies...) but also from elsewhere, from Savoy (her origins) or from Alsace, those of Etienne. The ingredients are most often organic, especially when they come from our two large vegetable gardens or our orchard (cherries, quinces, apples, pears, plums, mirabelle plums, peaches, apricots, but also small fruits: blackcurrants, strawberries, redcurrants, raspberries, table grapes...) Picnics are based on a different salad every day with home-made products (beans, dried tomatoes in oil, beets in vinegar, onions, ratatouille, etc.). Thirsty people will enjoy home-made syrups (quince, elderberry, raspberry-cane, mint, organic apple and pear juice), liqueurs, aperitifs and digestives based on orange, limoncello, May wine, crème cassis, génépi, larch flowers, pine cones, petafouard, elderberry, linden tree, apricots, dandelion flowers...
If you have other desires, I also propose throughout the summer:
- hiking trips with bivouac on the trail of the wolves in the Southern Alps,
- a Retrouvance trek in the Haut Verdon and the Entraunes valley,
- another Retrouvance trek in the Buëch and Dévoluy.
- Our lodge is in the center of three massifs (less than half an hour drive) and offers you more than thirty interesting hikes:
- The Dévoluy massif and its peeled pasture mountains.
- The Champsaur, with the largest mountain bocage in Europe and the Écrins National Park, its 3000 meters high peaks, its larch forests...
- The Gap region and its gentle mountains sometimes crossed by cliffs (Céüse, Pic de Bure, etc.), gorges and pastures.
- The idea is to make you discover the variety of these mountains in order to vary the pleasures, the panoramas and to adapt to the level of the group and the weather.
- I will make you discover secret territories, far from the ski resorts and the denaturing developments of the mountain. Unusual itineraries will be privileged to the point where meetings with other hikers will be rare.
- You will share meals with the guide's family: Etienne and Dominique and their daughters. It's "just like at home", the fridge and drinks are self-service... at no extra charge!
- The gite is located in a preserved environment at 850 meters of altitude, surrounded by fields and forests and dominated by the Pointe de Céüse which culminates at 2000 meters.
- You can choose your dates, as well as add 1 or 2 days to the program.
- Itinerant stays are also possible on request.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Full board (including drinks, wine, homemade aperitifs and digestives, different every day, coffee, tea, organic fruit juice, beer...).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Gap.
- Cancellation/repatriation insurance via Europ Assistance (5% of the price of the stay, optional). On request, I will send you a summary table of the insurance coverage, especially in relation to Covid.
- The shuttle from the train station of Gap to the lodging (10€ round trip).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- In a *** lodge, 5 rooms for 12 people.
- Room with twin beds for couples, 4 bathrooms.
- To be confirmed
- To be confirmed
- To be confirmed