Multi pitch route climbing course in Jonte and Tarn gorges
from 270 € / p. from 1 to 4 personsInfos & Booking
In the heart of the Cevennes National Park, the Tarn and Jonte gorges offer magnificent ochre-colored dolomite limestone walls. The Jonte and Tarn rivers have carved vertiginous gorges in the plateaus of the Causses, which meet at the village of Le Rozier.
The multi pitch routes of the Jonte gorges take place on beautiful dolomitic towers of a hundred meters, and thus require to be climbed in several successive pitches. The levels of the routes are very varied and can easily be adapted to everyone. At the top of these gorges, you can discover the "Vase de Sèvre" and the "Vase de Chine", amazing rock formations, sculpted by the elements.
This three-day course will allow you to discover these splendid landscapes by climbing on atypical, steep and adherent rock, accompanied by the flights of the griffon vultures.
A tailor-made program will be set up jointly in order to meet the expectations of each participant and to adapt the program to the group's desires.
The level of each participant will be analyzed, to set objectives and choose the most suitable routes, so that everyone can climb at the top and put into practice the different techniques specific to the multi pitch route, while feeling comfortable in his climbing.
The required minimum level is 5c leading.
Don't hesitate to contact me so we can discuss it together.
Do you want to climb other multi pitch routes in extraordinary environments? I also propose you a similar course at the famous Mallos de Riglos in Spain and a multi pitch route trad climbing course in the Caroux massif (Hérault).
D1: Learning/review then multi pitch route climbing.
- The first morning will be devoted to learning and/or recalling the multi pitch route handlings with practice, in order to harmonize the whole group concerning :
- belaying the leader and the second in the multi pitch route,
- the making of belays on multi pitch routes,
- In the afternoon we will climb a multi pitch route in order to practice the technical knowledge of the morning and discover the first multi pitch route.
D2 & D3: Multi pitch routes climbing.
We will choose together the multi pitch routes for the following day to discover different sectors of the Tarn and Jonte gorges.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- The group material necessary for the activity (rope, quickdraws, etc.).
- Harnesses and helmets.
|Number of participants||1||2||3||4|
|Price per person||840€||450€||330€||270€|
The price does not include
- Transport to the village of Le Rozier, 30 minutes drive from Millau.
- Climbing shoes.
- Sportswear and appropriate footwear (sneakers or hiking boots).
- A small backpack with water bottle, picnic, snacks and sun cream.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- There are many possibilities of accommodation in the region: campings, gites, etc.
- Contact me if you need it.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking