Multi pitch route trad climbing course (Caroux)
from 270 € / p. from 1 to 4 personsInfos & Booking
Traditional (trad) climbing consists in progressing on a rock face by installing protections to ensure the ascent. The multi pitch routes in trad climbing are rocky itineraries with little or no equipment in place: spits, bolts, gougeons, belays, etc. are therefore absent. You have to climb by placing protections in the cracks of the cliff: stoppers, cams, friends, hexentrics, etc. to protect yourself in case of a fall, and build your own belays.
In the heart of the Haut Languedoc Regional Park, the Caroux massif offers perfect cliffs for trad climbing. Indeed, its gneiss walls are cracked on all sides and thus allow the installation of equipment for the progression in climbing.
The Caroux cliffs are located in the Héric gorges, at the bottom of which the sunny stream offers numerous waterfalls and beautiful turquoise pools.
This three-day course in the Caroux massif will allow you to learn and/or progress in trad climbing, while enjoying the grandiose and wild setting of the Caroux.
- climbing in 5c minimum (leading),
- to know how to climb a multi pitch route,
- know how to abseil.
Do you want to climb other multi pitch routes in extraordinary environments? I also propose you :
- a multi pitch route climbing course at the famous Mallos de Riglos in Spain,
- a multi pitch route climbing course in the Tarn and Jonte gorges.
D1: Use of cams and multi pitch route climbing.
- The first morning will be dedicated to:
- the presentation of the different types of cams,
- their use,
- the installation of cams on single-pitch routes,
- the making of anchors in trad climbing,
- multi pitch routes handlings and abseiling with practical exercises.
- In the afternoon we will climb a multi pitch route to practice the technical skills of the morning and discover the first multi pitch route.
D2 & D3: Multi pitch routes trad climbing.
We will choose together the multi pitch routes for the following days in order to discover different sectors of the gorges and to climb in the "aiguilles du Rieutord": arête des Charbonniers, aiguilles Viallat, Déplasse and Godefroy.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- The group material necessary for the activity (rope, quickdraws, cams, etc.).
- Harnesses and helmets.
|Number of participants||1||2||3||4|
|Price per person||840€||450€||330€||270€|
The price does not include
- Transport to the village of Mons-la-Trivalle, about an hour's drive north of Béziers.
- Climbing shoes.
- Sportswear and appropriate footwear (sneakers or hiking boots).
- A small backpack with water bottle, picnic, snacks and sun cream.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- There are many possibilities of accommodation in the region: campings, gites, etc.
- Contact me if you need it.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking