"Chaos de Coumély" via ferrata between Gèfre and Gavarnie
from 36 € / p. from 1 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Come in the heart of the Hautes-Pyrénées to climb a vertiginous route and admire the magnificent cirque of Gavarnie along this via ferrata of the chaos of Coumély.
After meeting up between Luz-Saint-Sauveur and Gavarnie, let's go for the approach walk to the start of the via ferrata. The via starts gently and winds along a series of small walls until it reaches the foot of the cliff, which we then climb. The route then becomes vertical for several dozen meters and the atmosphere becomes increasingly vertiginous. You arrive at a short overhang, but it's possible to avoid it on the left on less steep ledges, then continue to a ramp that you have to climb astride before coming to a terrace perfect for a well-deserved break. A new steep section leads to a long footbridge that's a real thrill to climb, as it moves and is really vertiginous underfoot. After this traverse, a vertical de-escalation and an easy ledge, we're back on the roped route back to the parking lot.
The total positive difference in altitude is 180 meters, making this a vertical via ferrata on a grand scale where thrills are guaranteed!
The via ferrata is accessible to children over 1.40 m tall.
The normal price is 40€ per person. Groups of 6 or more people are charged 36€ per person.
If you fancy another vertical route in the region, you can follow me on the nearby Pont Napoléon via ferrata in Luz-Saint-Sauveur.
- Meet between Gèdre and Gavarnie, about 50 minutes' drive from Lourdes.
- 20-minute walk to the start of the via.
- Approximately 2 hours to climb the via ferrata.
- 20-minute return walk to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Equipment necessary to practice the activity: helmet, harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absorber.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking