Pont Napoléon via ferrata in Luz-Saint-Sauveur
from 35 € / p. from 1 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Follow me on this original and vertiginous via ferrata under the Pont Napoléon in Luz-Saint-Sauveur in the Hautes-Pyrénées. In this historic environment, surrounded by limestone cliffs, you'll fly over the gave de Pau to your heart's content.
After a short downhill approach walk to the river, you start the via ferrata with a vertical wall followed by a ledge and a slightly overhanging traverse. A second traverse and then a vertical passage bring you to the bridge pier. The passages are fairly technical and require some thought, particularly as regards foot placement. The route continues with a traverse on a beautiful vertical rock, followed by a relatively vertiginous section and a ledge. You've now reached the trail and the last two obstacles await you: a hundred-meter-long zip line and a Nepalese bridge over the river. Now it's time to walk back to the parking lot.
This via ferrata on the Pont Napoléon is very interesting, and can be a great first experience of the activity if you're a little unsure of yourself.
The via ferrata is accessible to children over 1.40 m tall.
The normal price is 35€ per person. Groups of 6 or more people are charged 31€ per person.
If you fancy another vertical route in the region, you can follow me on the nearby "Chaos de Coumély" via ferrata between Gèdre and Gavarnie.
- Meet in Luz-Saint-Sauveur, about 30 minutes' drive from Lourdes.
- 10-minute walk to the start of the via.
- Approximately one hour and a half to climb the via ferrata.
- 5-minute return walk to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Equipment necessary to practice the activity (helmet, harness, pulley, via ferrata lanyards with energy absorber).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Luz-Saint-Sauveur.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking