"Mountain environment knowledge" intership (Savoie)
from 400 € / p. from 4 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
The mountain environment is rich and varied, and it encompasses many facets related to the environment and to the place of man in this environment. It is all these aspects that I propose to discover during these 4 days of training, in order to learn, to progress and to widen your vision of the mountain, through the proposed themes.
This internship taking place in Savoie in the Maurienne valley is intended to give you a first approach to this environment and expand your vision of the mountains by tackling several aspects: geology, forest, flora, heritage, agriculture... It is aimed at instructors, managers of hiking associations, amateurs or professionals with activities related to the environment and the mountains, curious hikers...
The Arvan valley is the site chosen for this course because of the richness and variety of its natural and human heritage.
We will use the following teaching methods:
- Field observations, practical work.
- Reading and evolution of landscapes, site visits (for the human environment).
- Determination of species (botany and forest).
- Theoretical studies in the classroom.
- Handing in of a synthesis of the courses and a bibliography.
The advantages of the course:
- The majestic setting of the Arvan valley, in the shadow of the Aiguilles d'Arves.
- A valley with a very rich natural and human heritage.
- A course given by experienced mountain leaders who are recognised specialists in their field.
This course is offered by the training center CIMMES, declared to the Rhône-Alpes Auvergne region under number 82 73 01239 73. It is a trademark of the Bureau Montagne des Arves.
Classification and observation of the main families in their biotope.
Discovery of the different biotopes encountered in the mountains.
D2: Human environment: colonization and evolution of agriculture in time and landscape. (½ day)
Traditional architecture: explanation of the different constraints and of the solutions chosen according to the massifs. (½ day)
Determination of the different forest species in mountain areas.
Use of wood, role of the mountain forest, forest management.
D4: Geology: evolution of the landscape since the uprising of the Alps, impact of the glaciers on the different families of rocks and importance of the water. (½ day)
Meteorology: basics to better understand weather phenomena, notions of orography and climate influence. (½ day)
Possibility to partially register for the internship (for 1 day, 2 days or more): 100€/day (with lunch included).
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Educational costs.
- Tourist taxes.
The price does not include
- Transport to the internship place.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- To be confirmed