Discovery weekend of mountain plants, medicinal and edible (Savoie, Maurienne)
from 40 € / p. from 4 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
In Savoie, in the Maurienne valley, in a preserved mountain area, rich and varied in flora, come to discover medicinal and edible plants.
After a botanical initiation in the field, you will be offered picking for culinary tastings, herbal teas with multiple virtues, advice in herbal medicine and small cosmetic ...
This 2-day course aims to familiarize you with these mountain plants. All this with ethics and respect for the mountain environment and the safeguarding of rare and protected species.
This course is offered by the training center CIMMES, declared to the Rhône-Alpes Auvergne region under number 82 73 01239 73. It is a trademark of the "Bureau Montagne des Arves".
- Short history of man's use of medicinal and culinary plants.
- Introduction to botany and different biotopes.
- Rules for picking.
- Toxic plants / protected plants.
- Recognition and field picking of the most interesting palatability and medicinal plants / associated botanical families. The different parts of the plants used.
- Common preparation of the harvested plants for the evening meal and "nature snacks" to take away for the next day.
- Hike, recognition and picking.
- Picnic with the preparations of the day before.
- Herbal teas.
- Sabine PASQUIER: hiking guide, graduate of the Lyonnaise School of Medicinal Plants.
- Jean-Marc HERMES: hiking guide.
The price includes
- Supervision by hiking guides
- Teaching fees
- Tourist taxes
The price does not include
- Transport to the internship place
- Everything not specified in "The price includes"
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking