Mountaineering: ridge climbing around Grenoble (Isère)
from 120 € / p. from 1 to 3 personsInfos & Booking
Do you want to climb the Néron ridge overlooking Grenoble? Or other wilder ridges like the south ridge of Cornafion or the ridges of Gerbier?
This day, halfway between easy climbing and mountaineering, is for you the opportunity to walk along the edge of a ridge that offers you a splendid view!
Near Grenoble, the capital of the Alps, in the Charteuse or Vercors massifs, these are 3 aesthetic and classic routes that I propose to you... it's up to you!
Here is some information about these 3 routes:
- Located in the Chartreuse massif, the Néron ridge directly overlooks Grenoble. It allows you to walk on the summit of the Néron, at an altitude of 1298 meters, by taking a majestic and vertiginous route. If the departure is near the city, the atmosphere is quickly rural. The approach walk allows to reach the rocky buttresses and then the edge of the ridge that must be followed. If the technical difficulties are modest, it is advisable to be well insured in order to evolve in safety. The slogan that is recalled towards the summit ("Debonair but formidable") is there to remind us that this is indeed a mountaineering outing. From the summit the view is incredible on the summits of Chartreuse, Vercors or Belledonne.
- The south ridge of the Cornafion takes you to the Vercors massif, south of Grenoble. From the Col Vert, the route goes north, follows the obvious ridge, and alternates climbing and hiking passages. This route is perfect for learning how to belay efficiently with the rope. Located at 2049 meters of altitude, the vertiginous summit ensures an incredible 360 degree panorama on all the massifs of the south Isère.
- The Gerbier ridges are famous and classic, and rightly so! Located next to the Cornafion ridge, they take you south to the summit of the Gerbier at 2109 meters. Vertiginous, aesthetic, generally in good rock, with climbing pitches not exceeding the 3rd degree, and sometimes bolted with solid goujons, they are perfect for initiation to mountaineering and its techniques. A few small descents and a final abseiling of about 20 meters complete this full and unforgettable day.
If you like reasonable level mountaineering, I also recommend the ascent of Mont Aiguille, incredible summit of the Vercors.
The exact programme for the day will be discussed and defined together, according to the objective you are looking for (autonomy in the activity, progression, etc).
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Collective equipment (rope, radio, first aid kit).
- Loan of helmet and harness.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point.
- Picnic lunch.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking