Mont Aiguille ascent (Vercors)
from 90 € / p. from 1 to 4 personsInfos & Booking
Come and climb the famous and spectacular Mont Aiguille, emblematic mountain of the Vercors massif and cradle of mountaineering! Indeed, it is here that this activity was born in 1492, during the first ascent of this summit.
Less than an hour's drive from Grenoble, the normal route of Mont Aiguille is a very good introduction to mountaineering and access to autonomy.
There are three steps in this ascent:
- a beautiful hike in the woods leading to Aupet pass, located west of Mont Aiguille.
- a climb on the normal route (easy climbing - III - and fun, roped together).
- a descent by the south balcony (arch) and the rappels (maximum 50 meters high) in the route of the tubulars.
After this adventure, you will finish on the terrace of the Gai Soleil to have a drink and eat a piece of well deserved pie:)
It is also possible to climb a multi pitch route, for example the voie des gémeaux.
If you are interested in this kind of easy mountaineering outing, you can also climb the south ridge of Cornafion, the Gerbier ridges or the Neron ridge.
- Meeting point at La Richardière in front of the Gai Soleil, about an hour drive from Grenoble.
- Possibility of carpooling if you live near Grenoble.
- Approach walk of 1.5 hour to reach the start of the normal route or the tour des gémeaux.
- Approximately 2 hours of climbing to the summit for a well deserved break.
- Descent by the "voie des tubulaires" and its famous 50 meters vertical abseiling.
- Walk back to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Loan of personal equipment (harness, helmet, lanyard).
- Collective equipment (rope, radio, etc.).
Price of the mountain guide for the day: 340€ to be shared by the participants.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from La Richardière.
- Picnic ans snacks.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking