"Trad climbing" internship in the Caroux massif
from 180 € / p. from 1 to 5 personsInfos & Booking
During this "traditional climbing"" internship in the Caroux massif (Hérault department), initiate yourself or improve your skills in "trad" climbing on cliffs adapted to the installation of cams and cracking techniques.
The course takes place over 2 or 3 days:
- During the first day, you will learn theory and put into practice the essential techniques of trad climbing on single pitch routes.
- The second day will aim to deepen these techniques in the first instance and then complete a multi pitch route of 100 to 200 metres.
- The third day (optional but recommended) is dedicated to the realisation of a longer multi pitch route in order to practice all that will have been learnt during the first two days and to finish in beauty with the ascent of a magnificent real summit. The aiguilles du Caroux (La Deplasse, Viallat, and La Godefroy) are among the most spectacular routes without being technically hard.
The Caroux massif is unique in the region because of its gneiss rock, which is reminiscent of chamoniard granite. The wild character of its gorges and the "mountain" atmosphere there will give you a change of scenery and a taste of the great outdoors.
- Use of "trad" material (friends, cams, etc.).
- Manufacture of relays on cams.
- Development of specific techniques and strategies.
- Improvement of crack climbing techniques (wedges, locks, etc.).
- Falling school on cams.
- Trad techniques applied to the multi pitch route.
- Ascent of one or more multi pitch routes.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- All the group equipment.
- All the "trad" equipment.
- A personal follow up.
|Number of participants||1||2||3||4 or 5|
|2 days internship (price per person)||460€||260€||200€||180€|
|3 days internship (price per person)||680€||380€||300€||260€|
The price does not include
- There are various possibilities for accommodation in the area (camping sites, holiday lets etc).
- Please get in touch with me for more information.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking