Trad climbing course in the Caroux massif
from 180 € / p. from 1 to 5 personsInfos & Booking
I propose you this "traditional climbing"" course in the Caroux massif (Hérault department).
This stay will be an opportunity to learn or improve your "trad" climbing skills on cliffs adapted to the use of cams and crack techniques.
The course takes place over 2 or 3 days:
- On the first day, you will learn the theory and practice the basics of trad climbing techniques on one pitch routes.
- The second day will be dedicated to deepening these techniques and then to climbing a multi pitch route of 100 to 200 meters.
- The third day (optional but recommended) is dedicated to the realisation of a longer multi pitch route in order to practice all that will have been learned during the first two days and to enjoy the ascent of a magnificent real summit. The aiguilles du Caroux (The Deplasse, the Viallat, and the Godefroy) offer some of the most spectacular routes without being technically complicated.
Located about an hour's drive north of Béziers, the Caroux massif is unique in the region because of its gneiss rock which is reminiscent of Chamonix granite. The wild character of its gorges and the "mountain" atmosphere that reigns there will undoubtedly provide you with a change of scenery and a taste for the great outdoors.
- Use of "trad" equipment (friends, cams, etc.).
- Set up of anchors on cams.
- Development of specific techniques and strategies.
- Discovery or improvement of crack climbing techniques (wedges, locks, etc.).
- Falling exercises on cams.
- Trad climbing techniques applied to the multi pitch routes.
- Ascent of one or more multi pitch routes.
The price includes
- Supervision and personal follow up by the climbing instructor.
- All collective equipment (ropes, quickdraws, etc.).
- All "trad" equipment (friends, cams, etc.).
|Number of participants||1||2||3||4 or 5|
|2 days internship (price per person)||460€||260€||200€||180€|
|3 days internship (price per person)||680€||380€||300€||260€|
The price does not include
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- There are various possibilities for accommodation in the area (camping sites, lodges, cottages, etc.).
- Please get in touch with me for more information.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking