Mixed mountaineering course in the Mont Blanc Massif
from 635 € / p. 2 personsInfos & Booking
This course of mixed mountaineering ridges takes place over 3 days in the Mont Blanc massif.
The objective is to improve and extend your technical knowledge in mixed mountaineering, and to lead you to progress with ease and fluidity on mixed routes, then, to make outings technically and physically more difficult.
This is the course that opens the doors of major outings, namely the most beautiful and famous mixed climbs that have made the history of mountaineering in the Alps.
D1: meeting at 8am in Courmayeur, at Skyway Monte Bianco cable car. Verification of your equipment then climb by cable car to the refuge Torino at 3432m. Ascent of the Aiguille d'Entrèves (3604m) by the normal route rated PD +, with climbing passages of the 2 ° / 3 ° degree with crampons. Return to the cable car by the same route. Half board stay at Torino hut.
Total duration: 4h to 4h30.
D2: departure from the refuge around 8:30am for the crossing of the Marbled Aiguilles (3535m) by the ridges (race listed AD, climbing 2 ° / 3 ° degree). Return to Torino refuge in the early afternoon. Stay in a refuge in half board. Walking time: 3 to 5 hours.
The afternoon will be devoted to revisions on the mouflages and the knots around the hut.
Total duration: 5 to 6 hours.
D3: meet with the guide at the departure station of the cable car in Courmayeur and transfer to Chamonix. Climb to the Aiguille du Midi by cable car and climb the Arete des Cosmiques on the same Aiguille du Midi: AD listed outing, climbing passages in 4+. Walking time: 3 to 4 hours. Technical course to apply the methods learned the previous days: climbing, de-escalation, rappelling ... all in crampons. Return to Chamonix at the beginning of the afternoon and end of the program.
Total duration: 4 to 5 hours.
Content of teaching:
- Climb with crampons, on slopes up to 45 degrees, rope stretched and making pitches
- Walk over a glacier with stretched rope
- Progression on rock with 3rd degree difficulty, in shoes and with crampons, with rope stretched and making pitches
- How to choose the necessary equipment for mountaineering outings
- Choice of the route according to the conditions of the mountain
- Knots and progress lines on snow, ice and mixed
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide
- Accomodation in Torino hut : 2 nights (excluding drinks and hot water for the outings)
The price does not include
- Everything not specified in "The price includes"
No scheduled departure, bu you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking