Rochefort via ferrata in Florac (Lozère)
from 45 € / p. from 3 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
The via ferrata of Rochefort, located above the village of Florac in the department of Lozère, is the most beautiful, the most complete, the most impressive of the region! It is also known as one of the most beautiful in France.
In the heart of the Cevennes, its mountains and its mystical forests, this route makes discover or rediscover the beauty and the variety of the landscapes of the region.
This particularly vertiginous via ferrata has a variety of workshops: cable bridges, Nepalese bridges, suspended bridges (huge!), zip-line and vertical passages... I bet that you will be surprised!
Different routes are possible depending on the difficulty and sensations wanted. Note, however, that even the easiest course remains for people who already have experience with via ferrata or at least verticality. The course in its entirety is quite physical but the more athletic can, if they wish, measure themselves against a particularly hard section of the route ... but this is optional!
After about 30 minutes of approach walking on a magnificent path that goes along the cornice of the Causse Méjean, you enter the via ferrata by a narrow passage: the canyon. At the exit, the panorama on Florac and its valley is magnificent. The itinerary then takes a footbridge and a cable bridge before splitting into two variants of different difficulty and then meeting again for the big footbridge. The Ron de Picard which follows can be either crossed (easier) or climbed (more difficult). The two following variants (both quite vertiginous) lead to the 50 meter zip-line (not mandatory) and to the big pillar of the Rochefort. It's up to you to choose the difficulty of the outing, there's plenty of choice and plenty of challenges!
And if you feel like other challenges and vertical adventures in Lozere, you can join me on the via ferrata of Villefort lake.
- Meet in Florac, about 40 minutes drive from Mende and 1 hour 15 minutes from Alès.
- Between 4 and 5 hours of activity for the entire route, depending on the level of participants and the chosen route.
- Including about 30 minutes of approach walking and also about 30 minutes of walk back.
- Breaks are obviously planned to relax, nibble and enjoy the scenery.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- All the necessary equipment (harness, helmet, pulley, via ferrata lanyard with energy absorbers, etc.).
- Personalized progression help.
|Number of participants||3||4 or 5||6 and +|
|Price per person||60€||50€||45€|
Possibility of quotation for groups of more than 8 people.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Florac.
- Picnic lunch.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking