Villefort lake via ferrata (Lozère)
from 40 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Located on the granite cliffs that overlook the lake of Villefort, this via ferrata is a great classic of the department of Lozere, at the doors of the Cévennes ardéchoises. Its varied and very playful vertical route allows you to (re)discover the beauty and diversity of the region's landscapes.
Facing the castle of Castanet, this via ferrata goes along cliffs, on both sides of a small canyon which overhangs a "calanque". All along this very original path which takes place above the lake of Villefort, you will enjoy the view by climbing a cliff of almost 100 meters high, by climbing vertical passages, by crossing suspended bridges and by jumping on a magnificent 70 meters long zip-line!
It is also by the diversity of its workshops that this via ferrata makes the difference: cable bridges, Nepalese bridges, suspended footbridges, zip line (not compulsory), beams and vertical passages... you will be surprised!
Different routes of varying difficulty but with common parts are possible, which allows access to people of all levels on the same via ferrata. Even beginners and sportsmen will enjoy themselves and will find a challenge to their measure. Indeed, if the easy route avoids the steepest zones of the cliff while remaining vertiginous, the difficult option follows more vertical sections, even overhanging twice in the final.
And if you feel like other challenges and vertical adventures in Lozere, you can join me on the vertiginous via ferrata of Rochefort in Florac.
- Appointment in the village of Villefort, about one hour drive from Alès or Mende.
- About 15 minutes of approach walk to reach the departure of the via ferrata. During this hike, don't miss the castle of Castanet which rises from the water!
- Approximately 2 to 3 hours of activity to climb the entire via ferrata.
- About 15 minutes walk back to come back to the car park.
- Breaks are obviously possible to relax a little, to take pictures and to enjoy the scenery.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Loan of all gear and equipment (via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber, harness, helmet, pulley).
- The taking of pictures by the instructor.
- A personalized progress help.
|Number of participants||from 1 to 3||4 and more|
|Price per person||45€||40€|
Possibility of quotation for communities and groups of more than 10 people.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Villefort.
- Picnic lunch.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking