Balcony of Annapurnas: Ghandruk trekking
from 430 € / p. from 4 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
I take you to one of the most visited areas of the Annapurna region because of its easy ascents and the most varied landscape features.
The trek of Ghandruk is suitable for all levels of hikers, even beginners, children, family holidays and groups of seniors. Everyone will appreciate the "tea house" and the logistical facilities for comfortable accommodation along the way.
This trekking is also suitable for those who have little time but who dream to see the snowy peaks and who wish to live a true Himalayan cultural experience at least once in their life.
In spring you will see nine different species of wild rhododendron flowers. Throughout the trek you will pass through typical villages like Ghandruk, Landruk, Dhampus, etc., which offer magnificent views of the Annapurnas.
Arrival and reception at the airport then transfer to your hotel.
D2: Kathmandu-Phedi-Dhampus (1650m).
Approximately 8 hours trip by Deluxe bus. Then 1 to 2 hours walking through the lush forest and the countryside to the village of Dhampus where you spend your first night.
D3: Dhampus-Landruk (1620m).
About 5 hours of walking. From Dhampus a beautiful climb to Deurali Pass (2100m) awaits you, before the descent to the village of Landruk and its superb views of the Annapurna South (7219m) and Hiunchuli (6441m).
D4: Landrung-Jhinu Danda (1730m).
About 4 hours of walking on an easy path that crosses the Modi Khola river.
D5: Jhinu Danda-Ghandruk (2050m).
About 5 hours of walking. Descent for 30 minutes to cross the Modi Khola river, then climb to Gandrung through terraces cultivated by farmers. Gandruk is a beautiful gurung village with rich houses of dried stone. The view is superb on Annapurna and Machapuchare. You will stop in Gandruk for lunch and stay there for the night.
About 4 hours walk and 1 hour drive to Pokhara, After about an hour of trek you join Birethanti then Nayapul. The trek ends here before about an hour drive to Pokhara. The rest of the day free to walk for example. Overnight at the hotel in Pokhara.
About 7 hours drive by comfortable bus.
The price includes
- Airport / hotel / airport transfers
- Kathmandu / Phedi trip in deluxe bus
- Nayapul / Kathmandu trip in private minibus
- Hotel in Pokhara including breakfast
- Pokhara / Kathmandu trip in deluxe bus
- Insurance for the whole Nepalese team
- Full board accomodation in lodge during the trek (except drinks, mineral water, beers...)
- License for conservation of Annapurnas (ACAP)
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management Service)
- Supervision by the experienced French-speaking guide
- Two assitant guides deom 8 to 11 participants
- 1 porter for 2 participants (in accordance with the regulations of the Union of Nepalese Porters, a porter carrying a maximum of 20kg, you will have to hire an additional porter if your luggage exceeds 10kg)
The price does not include
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Hotel in Kathmandu
- Meals in Pokhara
- International flight
- Personal equipment (sleeping bag, hiking poles, water bottle, backpack, sunglasses, sunscreen)
- Personal insurance (mandatory: check that your insurance covers you in case of accident, ie all medical expenses, the cost of a helicopter evacuation and repatriation to return home)
- Entry visa to Nepal (check that your passport is valid for another 6 months after your return date)
- Transportation for visits in Kathmandu
- Fees in the city (museum, monument, monastery etc.)
- Costs caused by exceptional events (road cut, landslide, general strike, bad weather, snow .....) that can not be expected
Any trip interrupted or abridged, any change of program at the request of the participants (accident, illness, mountain sickness, early return, trek abbreviated ....) can not give rise to any refund.
- In lodge durind the trek