Balcony of Annapurnas: trekking from Ghorepani to Chitwan
from 1050 € / p. from 6 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
The trekking from Ghorepani to Chitwan via Poon Hill is one of the best treks in the Annapurna region. It allows you to make the most of the innumerable beauties of this part of Nepal.
This trek on the balcony of Annapurnas offers spectacular mountain scenery along charming villages inhabited by the Gurung and Magar, through the forests of rhododendrons and deep subtropical valleys. Indeed, the horizon is always surrounded by the chain of Annapurna or the very characteristic and famous Machapuchare (Fishtail Peak).
From Poon Hill, you will enjoy one of the most spectacular mountain view in Nepal, which is the main attraction of this trek. During sunrise, sun illuminates the snowy giants Dhaulagiri (8167m) and Annapurna (8091m) and a many other peaks, making this moment unforgettable.
Welcome, transfer and installation at the hotel.
D2: Pokhara - Nayapul - Birethanti (1000m).
About 8 hours by bus then a 30 minutes walk to reach Birethanti from Nayapul.
D3: Birethanti - Ulleri.
About 4 hours of walking.
D4: Ulleri - Ghorepani (2750m).
You go for about 5 hours of pleasant walk across forests of rhododendrons (national flower of Nepal) and oaks. You can see Machapuchare, Hiunchuli and Annapurna South. After lunch, the trail gradually climbs until you reach Ghorepani, a village of the Magar ethnic group. The mountains are visible from your accommodation.
D5: Ghorepani - Pun Hill (3210m) - Tadapani (2630m) - Ghandruk (1900m).
In the early morning, a 45-minute hike is waiting for you to reach Poon Hill through the rhododendron forests for a spectacular view of the sunrise over many mountains: Dhaulagiri (8167m), Tukuche Peak (6920m), Nilgiri (7061m), Baraha Shikhar (7847m), Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna South (7219m), Annapurna III (7855m), Machapuchare (6993m), Annapurna IV (7525m), Annapurna II (7937m), Lamjung Himal (6931m). In the land of the hunters of honey you then leave for 2 hours of descent through a forest populated with Entelles monkeys (Langur) to reac the Gurung village of Ghandruk with beautiful houses of dried stone.
About 7 hours of walking.
D6: Ghandruk - Nayapul - Pokhara.
Today you enjoy the rice terraces down the valley of the Madi Khola river. After about an hour of trek you reach Birethanti, then Nayapul where the trek ends. Rest of the day is free for a walk by example.
Night in hotel in Pokhara.
About 4 hours of walking and 1h30 drive to Pokhara.
J7: Pokhara - Chitwan.
About 5 hours by bus, night in lodge.
D8: Discovery of the Chitwan area.
You discover various activities in the jungle such as an elephant safari, canoeing, hiking with animals watching (especially birds), a presentation of elephant training, the view of the sunset from a observation point, a visit of a Tharu village, typical dances (especially the "stick dance" of the Tharu ethnic group).
Night in lodge.
D9: Chitwan - Kathmandu.
Bird watching in the early morning then breakfast and bus transfer.
The price includes
- Supervision by the experienced guide.
- Kathmandu / Nayapul trip by bus.
- Nayapul / Kathmandu trip in private taxi.
- Hotel in Pokhara including breakfast.
- Pokhara / Chitwan and Chitwan / Kathmandu trips by bus
- 2 nights hotel in Chitwan with breakfast and meals + elephant safari, elephant bath (on request), elephant breeding center, canoe safari, jungle walk, bird watching, walk in the village , Tharu Cultural Dance, River Sunset, National Park Entrance.
- Insurance for the whole Nepalese team.
- Full board accomodation in lodge during the trek (except drinks, mineral water, beers).
- License for conservation of Annapurnas.
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management Service).
- Supervision by the experienced french/english speaking guide.
- 1 porter for 2 participants (in accordance with the regulations of the Union of Nepalese Porters, a porter carrying a maximum of 20kg, you will have to hire an additional porter if your luggage exceeds 10kg).
The price does not include
- Meals in Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Meals in Pokhara.
- International flight.
- Personal equipment (sleeping bag, hiking poles, water bottle, backpack, sunglasses, sunscreen).
- Personal insurance (mandatory: check that your insurance covers you in case of accident, ie all medical expenses, the cost of a helicopter evacuation and repatriation to return home).
- Entry visa to Nepal (check that your passport is valid for another 6 months after your return date).
- Transport for the visits in Kathmandu.
- Fees in the city (museum, monument, monastery).
- Costs caused by exceptional events (road cut, landslide, general strike, bad weather, snow) that can not be expected.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
Any trip interrupted or abridged, any change of program at the request of the participants (accident, illness, mountain sickness, early return, trek abbreviated) can not give rise to any refund.
- Lodge during the trekking.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking