Weekend at 3000m altitude in Queyras
from 340 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Let yourself be tempted by this long weekend to discover the snowy alpine pastures of Queyras. On the program: two nights in a friendly hut, a summit at more than 3000m above sea level and snowy immensity just for you!
In addition to the grandiose landscape it will be the opportunity to discover the natural heritage through animals and their tracks (chamois, hare, ptarmigan and why not wolf, well present in the region!), flora of which a part is still very present in winter as well as the cultural heritage with a small visit of the beautiful village of Saint-Véran to end the stay.
D1 (Saturday): Meeting of the group, presentation of the weekend and of the equipment.
Transfer to Saint-Véran (the highest village in Europe!) And climb to the refuge of Blanche by an easy route to warm up. Initiation to the use of safety equipment and night at the friendly refuge of Blanche nestled at 2500m altitude in the heart of a vast circus.
Positive elevation: + 500m.
D2 (Sunday): Climb to Caramantran peak at 3024m altitude on the border ridge with Italy.
Beautiful view of Queyras, Italian Piedmont and Mount Viso (3842m). Great tour in the circus of the Blanche and discovery of the playful side of snowshoes in a grandiose landscape. Back to the refuge for a hot snack. Night at the refuge.
E+ / E-: 500m.
D3 (Monday): Descent to Saint-Véran by an old irrigation canal.
Possible passage, according to the weather, at the Col du Longet. Superb view of the circus and surrounding peaks. Visit of Saint-Véran then return to the station in the late afternoon (5.30pm) to have time to dinner before the night train.
Positive elevation: 200m, negative elevation: 700m.
The price includes
- Supervision by the hiking guide
- Meals and overnight stays of the guide
- Lodging and reservation in lodging, in full board (picnic for lunch)
- Equipment: snowshoes and hiking poles
The price does not include
- Personal expenses: drinks, aperitif...
- Liability, repatriation and cancellation insurance
- At the "refuge de la Blanche" who welcomes you in a spacious common room where large windows allow you to contemplate the sunset with a drink. Hot shower and dormitories for 4 to 8 people, hearty homemade food!
- To be confirmed