Snowshoeing weekend at 3000 meters in the Queyras
Duration : 3 days
France, Southern Alps
Level : intermediate
from 340 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Let yourself be tempted by this long weekend in the heart of the Hautes-Alpes to discover the snowy alpine pastures of the Queyras massif. On the program: two nights in a friendly hut, a summit at more than 3000 meters above sea level and snowy immensity just for you!
In addition to the grandiose landscape this weekend will be the opportunity to discover the natural heritage through animals and their tracks (chamois, hare, ptarmigan and maybe wolf, well present in the region!), flora of which a part is still very present in winter as well as the cultural heritage with a small visit of the beautiful village of Saint-Véran to end the stay.
D1 (Saturday): Meeting of the group, presentation of the weekend and of the equipment.
Transfer to Saint-Véran (the highest village in Europe!) and climb to the refuge of Blanche by an easy route to warm up. Introduction to the use of safety equipment and night at the friendly refuge of Blanche nestled at 2500 meters of altitude in the heart of a vast circus.
Positive altitude difference: 500 meters.
D2 (Sunday): Climb to Caramantran peak at 3024m on the border ridge with Italy.
Beautiful view of Queyras, Italian Piedmont and Mount Viso (3842m). Great tour in the circus of the Blanche and discovery of the playful side of snowshoes in a grandiose landscape.
Back to the refuge for a hot snack.
Night at the refuge.
D+ / D-: 500m.
D3 (Monday): Descent to Saint-Véran by an old irrigation canal.
Possible passage, according to the weather, at the Col du Longet. Superb view of the circus and surrounding peaks. Visit of Saint-Véran village then return to the station in the late afternoon (5.30pm) to have enough time to take dinner before the night train.
D+: 200m, D-: 700m.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Lodging and reservation in refuges, with full board (picnic for lunch).
- Bearing of meals and overnight stays of the mountain leader.
- Equipment: snowshoes and hiking poles, avalanche beacon, probe, showel.
The price does not include
- Personal expenses: drinks, aperitif, etc.
- Liability, repatriation and cancellation insurance.
- Transport to and from the meeting place.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- At the "refuge de la Blanche" who welcomes you in a spacious common room where large windows allow you to contemplate the sunset with a drink. Hot shower and dormitories for 4 to 8 people, hearty homemade food!
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking