Wild snowshoeing weekend in Dormillouse (Écrins)
from 210 € / p. from 1 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
I propose you to go for an exotic weekend of snowshoeing and easy hikes around the only inhabited hamlet located in the heart of the Ecrins National Park: Dormillouse.
On the program of these two days in the south of the massif: large wild spaces, a dream snow and a night in the old school of the hamlet transformed into a lodge.
In short, it is an ideal weekend in the Hautes-Alpes for nature lovers!
D1: Hike to the hamlet of Dormillouse.
After a short transfer of about fifteen minutes from the station of l'Argentière-la-Bessée, we reach the bottom of the valley of Freissinières to go up quietly to the hamlet of Dormillouse, only hamlet still inhabited in the heart of the National Park of the Ecrins.
The atmosphere here is grandiose, at the foot of the great cliffs that close the valley. It becomes luminous once we arrive in Dormillouse and on its sunny plateau.
Night at the school lodge.
Positive altitude difference: 300 meters.
D2: Snowshoeing in the Chichin valley.
Above the hamlet of Dormillouse is a long, suspended and wild valley: the valley of Chichin. You go up it to take advantage of its extraordinary atmosphere and maybe meet some fauna (chamois, birds of prey, etc.), which is not rare in this preserved area of the Écrins massif. The following descent is fun, before returning to the car to reach the Argentière-la-Bessée train station in the late afternoon.
Positive altitude difference: 200 meters, negative altitude difference: 500 meters.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Lodging and reservation in the cottage, with full board (including picnic for lunch).
- The cost of meals and overnight stays for the mountain leader.
- Equipment: snowshoes and hiking poles.
The price does not include
- Personal expenses: drinks, aperitif, etc.
- Liability, repatriation and cancellation insurance.
- Transport to the meeting point and return from the place of separation.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- "Gîte de l’École" in Dormillouse: accommodation in a comfortable cottage in a mountain hamlet accessible only by hiking.
- Room for 4 to 6 people, duvets provided, home cooking with local products, picnic for lunch.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking