Wild snowshoeing weekend in Dormillouse (Écrins)
from 210 € / p. from 1 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Go on a wild and easy snowshoeing weekend around the only inhabited hamlet in the heart of the Écrins National Park: Dormillouse.
On the program: large wilderness, a dreamy snow and one night in the old school of the hamlet now converted into a cottage.
In short, I offer you a perfect weekend in the Hautes-Alpes for nature lovers!
D1: Climb to Dormillouse.
After a short transfer from the Argentière-la-Bessée train station we will reach the bottom of the Freissinières valley to quietly climb to the hamlet of Dormillouse, the only hamlet still inhabited in the heart of the Écrins National Park. The atmosphere here is amazing, at the foot of the big cliffs that close the valley. It becomes luminous once in Dormillouse, on its sun-drenched plateau.
Night at the lodging of the School.
Positive altitude difference: 300m, negative altitude difference: 0m.
D2: Snowshoes hike in the Chichin valley.
Above Dormillouse lies a long, wild, hanging valley: the Chichin valley. You will go up to enjoy its extraordinary atmosphere and maybe see some fauna which is not rare in this preserved place of the Écrins massif. The weekend will end with a fun descent to return to the car and reach the train station in the late afternoon.
D+: 200m, D-: 500m.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Lodging and reservation in the cottage, with full board (picnic for lunch).
- Meals and overnight stay of the guide.
- Equipment: snowshoes and hiking poles.
The price does not include
- Personal expenses: drinks, aperitif...
- Liability, repatriation and cancellation insurance.
- Transport to the meeting point and return from the place of separation.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- "Gîte de l’École" in Dormillouse: accommodation in a comfortable cottage in a mountain hamlet accessible only by hiking. Room for 4 to 6 people, duvets provided, home cooking with local products, picnic for lunch.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking