Wild snowshoeing weekend in Dormillouse (Écrins)
from 210 € / p. from 1 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
I propose you to go for an exotic weekend of snowshoeing and easy hikes around the only inhabited hamlet located in the heart of the Ecrins National Park: Dormillouse.
On the program of these two days in the south of the massif: large wild spaces, a dream snow and a night in the old school of the hamlet transformed into a lodge.
In short, this is the perfect weekend in the Hautes-Alpes for nature lovers!
You can also come and discover the magnificent landscapes of the southern Écrins massif with me in the summer during this "Travel diary" workshop around Fressinières.
D1: Hiking to the hamlet of Dormillouse.
After a short transfer of about fifteen minutes from the station of l'Argentière-la-Bessée, we reach the bottom of the valley of Freissinières to climb gently to the hamlet of Dormillouse, the only hamlet still inhabited in the heart of the Écrins National Park.
The atmosphere here is grandiose, at the foot of the huge cliffs that close the valley. It becomes luminous once we arrive in Dormillouse and on its sunny plateau.
Night at the school lodge.
Positive altitude difference: 300 meters.
D2: Snowshoeing in the Chichin valley.
Above the hamlet of Dormillouse is a long, suspended and wild valley: the valley of Chichin. You climb it to take advantage of its extraordinary atmosphere and maybe meet some fauna (chamois, birds of prey, etc.), which is not rare in this preserved area of the Écrins massif. The following descent is fun, before returning to the car to reach the Argentière-la-Bessée train station in the late afternoon.
Positive altitude difference: 200 meters, negative altitude difference: 500 meters.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Lodging and reservation in the cottage, with full board (including picnic for lunch).
- The cost of meals and overnight stays for the mountain leader.
- Equipment: snowshoes and hiking poles.
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting point and return from the place of separation in l'Argentière-la-Bessée, 20 minutes drive from Briançon and one hour and ten minutes from Gap.
- Personal expenses: drinks, aperitif, etc.
- Liability, repatriation and cancellation insurance.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- "Gîte de l’École" in Dormillouse: accommodation in a comfortable cottage in a mountain hamlet accessible only by hiking.
- Room for 4 to 6 people, duvets provided, home cooking with local products, picnic for lunch.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking