Wild snowshoeing weekend in Dormillouse, in the heart of Écrins
from 210 € / p. from 1 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Go on an exotic and easy weekend around the only inhabited hamlet in the heart of the Écrins National Park: Dormillouse.
On the program: large wilderness, dream snow and night in the old school of the hamlet converted into a cottage. An ideal weekend for nature lovers!
D1: Climb to Dormillouse.
After a short transfer from the Argentière-la-Bessée station we will reach the bottom of Freissinières Valley to quietly climb to the hamlet of Dormillouse, the only hamlet still inhabited in the heart of the Écrins National Park. The atmosphere here is great, at the foot of the big cliffs that close the valley. It becomes luminous once in Dormillouse on its sun-drenched plateau.
Night at the lodging of the School.
Positive elevation: 300m, negative elevation: 0m.
D2: The valley of Chichin.
Above Dormillouse lies a long, wild, hanging valley: the Chichin Valley. You will go up to enjoy its extraordinary atmosphere and maybe see some fauna which is not rare in this preserved corner of the Écrins. Fun downhill then return to the car to reach the station in the late afternoon.
E+: 200m, E-: 500m.
The price includes
- Supervision by the hiking guide
- Meals and overnight stays of the guide
- Lodging and reservation in lodging, in full board (picnic for lunch)
- Equipment: snowshoes and hiking poles
The price does not include
- Personal expenses: drinks, aperitif...
- Liability, repatriation and cancellation insurance
- "Gîte de l’École" in Dormillouse: accommodation in a comfortable cottage in a mountain hamlet accessible only on foot. Room for 4 to 6 people, duvets provided, home cooking and local products, picnic for lunch.
- To be confirmed