"Travel diary" course in the Écrins (Hautes-Alpes)
Duration : 2 days
France, Southern Alps
Level : easy
from 148 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
I propose you a "Travel diary" workshop in the south of the Écrins massif, during which easy hikes will be enhanced with sketch/watercolor breaks.
The Écrins in autumn are absolutely magnificent, there is no other word! The larch trees are golden and the summits are already dusted with snow. It is the ideal time to immortalize these exceptional landscapes, pencil and/or brush in hand. Attention colorists!
From Freissinières, a small village in the Écrins National Park, easily accessible by train (stop at the Argentières-les Écrins train station), we hike on the trails for beautiful discoveries.
Here is the watercolor material that I advise you to bring for this workshop:
- A black pen type uni pin 0,3.
- A Raphael type brush in small pure grey. Size at your convenience. I mostly use a size 6 brush.
- A notebook, like a travel notebook. I recommend a paper between 200 grams and 300 grams. Preferably 300 grams if you are a beginner.
- A cup and water.
- A light plastic watercolor box such as the Winsor and Newton sketcher or another brand with 12 half-pipes. The boxes normally contain the following colors: lemon yellow, cadmium yellow, pale cadmium red, crimson alizarin, ultramarine, deep blue, emerald green, bladder green, yellow ochre, burnt sienna, burnt umber, Chinese white. White in watercolor is useless! If you can, replace it with any other color you like. I recommend either a light turquoise or an English green, two bright colors that will allow you to easily "boost" your watercolors.
- A folding stool as light as possible.
If you are interested in this subject, I also offer a watercolor and sketching workshop in the Calanques of Marseille.
During the easy hikes, here are the objectives we will aim for in terms of drawings and watercolors:
- Appreciate letting go.
- Learn to draw quickly.
- Synthesize and simplify a landscape.
- Playing with colors.
- And above all: to have fun!
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
The price does not include
- Transport to Freissinières, about 30 minutes drive from Briançon and 1 hour from Gap.
- Watercolor equipment.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- At the convenience of the participants.
- Numerous gites and hotels in Fressinières.