Multi pitch route climbing autonomy course (Eastern Pyrenees)
from 475 € / p. from 1 to 2 personsInfos & Booking
Have you been infected by the sweet virus that is multi pitch route climbing?
The objective of this 3-day climbing course is to bring you to autonomy on multi pitch routes.
This course is taylor made, in small groups (1 or 2 people maximum), for a personalized follow-up during the climbs.
We will go to climbing sites located around Perpignan in the Eastern Pyrenees. We will climb different multi pitch routes in Vingrau, in the Canigou massif, in the Albères... Their diversity of style allows for a course rich in learning and offers beautiful landscapes, all different from each other!
Here are some examples of sites where we will climb:
- Vingrau: close to Tautavel, Vingrau offers a beautiful and immense limestone cliff of more than two kilometers long and rising above a magnificent landscape of vineyards. The climbing is often on slabs or walls, along hundreds of routes of all levels and up to 120 meters high.
- Casteil: at the foot of the Canigou (an hour's drive east of Perpignan), this site offers a pleasant climbing experience in a bucolic setting on the river bank. About thirty routes (from 4 to 6, up to 60 meters high) are traced on an excellent granite, sheltered from the Tramontane. You can practice crack climbing here.
- Sorède: only 10 minutes from the sea and Argelès-sur-Mer and half an hour from Perpignan, the Saint-Michel and Ultrera rocks in Sorède are however at 500 meters of altitude. On the granite, dozens of routes from 4 to 7, up to 70 meters high and vertical or on slabs await you.
For beginners, this course can be preceded by an introduction to multi pitch route climbing in the Eastern Pyrenees.
Content of the learning cycle:
- Before the outing: choose a route, prepare the outing, its equipment, etc.
- During: mastering the techniques of progression (reading the route, handlings, etc.).
- After: descend a route (rappelling, orientation, etc.).
Note: the speed of evolution towards autonomy is very variable according to each person. To say it simply, not everyone learns at the same pace. The learning cycle presented above is therefore an example rather than an absolute rule.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- The technical equipment necessary to practice the activity certified "European Standard" (harness, helmet, descender, ropes, etc.).
- Climbing shoes.
- Souvenir photos.
- Training course with commitment: no group constituted, nor of third person. You come alone or with your rope-mates. This course is also custom-made according to your schedule. Suggest me your dates!
|Number of participants||Price|
The price does not include
- Transports to and from the climbing sites.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking