Snowshoeing on Outray mountain (Beaufortain, Savoie)
from 36 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
In the departement of Savoie, in the heart of the Beaufortain massif, the plateaus of the Outray mountain are a perfect place for snowshoeing: fir trees, spruces, frozen lakes and open environments are waiting for you.
I propose here a 1-day wild route, very little travelled, with a beautiful view on the Mont Blanc. In short, a sporting outing for the amateurs of wide open spaces and a guaranteed atmosphere "high mountain".
This sporty snowshoe hike starting from the hamlet of Les Granges in Hauteluce (between Beaufort and Les Saisies). The itinerary starts with a steep section in the forest to reach the Commanderie's alpine chalets and its gentler slopes, a place of peace and quiet where nature reveals all its beauty to us. You may be lucky enough to discover the tracks of wolves that have taken up residence in this massif.
We will continue in the direction of the ridge above the Lac de la Girotte for a well-deserved break with the beauty of the Mont-Blanc massif as a backdrop. An incredible spectacle for our picnic.
This outing will also be an opportunity to discuss mountain safety in winter, safety rules and about the composition of the snow.
To continue to discover the Beaufortain massif and to live even more the mountain atmosphere, I also propose two days of snowshoeing (with night in a refuge) to climb the Grand Mont d'Arêches. Or why not head further south for a beautiful immersion on the high plateaus of the Vercors?
- Meeting in the town centre of Hauteluce (in front of the church) at 8am.
It takes about 30 minutes to drive from Albertville and one hour from Sallanches.
- Return at 5pm.
- Sports level.
- Positive altitude difference: 800 meters, walking time: 5 hours.
- Departure guaranteed from 4 persons.
Clothes and equipment:
- Appropriate walking shoes.
- Hiking trousers, leggings if necessary.
- Warm clothing (fleece type).
- Waterproof jacket.
- Additional warm clothe.
- Hat, gloves and good sunglasses.
- Bring your snowshoes.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Hot drink.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Hauteluce.
- Equipment rental (snowshoes and hiking poles).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking