Snowshoeing at Outray mountain (Beaufortain, Savoie)
from 50 € / p. from 4 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
In Savoie, in the heart of the Beaufortain massif, the plateaux of Outray mountain are ideal terrain for snowshoeing: fir trees, spruces, frozen lakes, open environments.
I propose here a wild route, very little travelled, with a beautiful view on Mont Blanc. A sporting outing for lovers of wide open spaces.
"High mountain" atmosphere guaranteed.
Sporty snowshoe hike starting from the hamlet Les Granges in Hauteluce (between Beaufort and Les Saisies). The route starts with a steep section in the forest to reach the Commanderie's alpine chalets and its gentler slopes, a place of peace and quiet where nature reveals all its beauty to us. You may be lucky enough to discover the tracks of wolves that have taken up residence in this massif.
We will continue in the direction of the ridge above the Lac de la Girotte for a well-deserved break with the beauty of the Mont-Blanc massif as a backdrop. An incredible spectacle for our picnic.
This outing will also be an opportunity to discuss mountain safety in winter, safety rules and the composition of the snow.
- Meeting in the town centre of Hauteluce (in front of the church) at 8am.
- Return at 5pm.
- Sporting level.
- Difference in altitude: 800m / Walking time: 5h.
- Price: 50€ /pers.
- Departure guaranteed from 4 people.
Clothes and equipment:
- Appropriate walking shoes.
- Hiking trousers, leggings if necessary.
- Warm clothing (fleece type).
- Waterproof jacket.
- Additional warm clothe.
- Hat, gloves and good sunglasses.
- Bring your snowshoes.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Hot drink.
The price does not include
- Equipment rental (snowshoes and hiking poles).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- To be confirmed
- To be confirmed