Mont via ferrata in Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval (Haute-Savoie)
from 45 € / p. from 6 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Come and discover the beautiful via ferrata of the Mont, located in Haute-Savoie in Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval! Accessible all year round, it is waiting for you to spend a good time for half a day.
Overlooking the gorges of the Tine, it offers you several playful workshops, vertiginous atmosphere and of course loopholes if needed. Thanks to the permanent installations, the via ferrata makes the cliff accessible and allows to see the path as a "vertical hike".
Even if the playground is fun, it is nevertheless necessary to use appropriate equipment and to apply specific safety rules. I will show you different routes adapted to your abilities. This activity is perfect for beginners. The departure is confirmed from 4 people.
The itinerary starts with a long and easy ascending pitch along the cliff, the "Vire à l'Ours" (Bear's ledge), then arrives under the imposing overhang of the "Barme aux Corbès" for a steeper and more vertiginous section. The view on the summits of the Pointe de Sales and the Frêtes du Grenier is already magnificent. It is then time to gain altitude by climbing about 30 meters up the steep wall of "La Dalle des Paresseux" (Lazys' slab). From its summit, there are two possible ways out: one on a path, the other using "La Vire du Raffour" for a very vertiginous crossing to the left. The full route continues on the right for the crossing of the slab of "La Becque", bypasses a spur, takes the impressive and moving "Passerelle de l'Ou Izès", 15 meters long, then an overhanging crossing to arrive at the foot of "La Courte Échelle" (inverted ladder 8 meters high). The "crossing of the Ally ", a small overhang, a slab and a last vertical step end this beautiful route. It is then time to return, either on the trail or via a detour to "La Vire du Raffour".
- We meet at the car park of Tine gorges, between Samoëns and Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval.
- Approach walk: about 20 minutes.
- From 2 to 3 hours of activity to go through the difficulties or to escape if necessary.
- Return walk: about 20 minutes.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor (the guide is paid for his expertise and not for the systematic achievement of an objective).
- Loan of high quality collective equipment (helmet, harness and via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber).
- Pictures of your outing.
- Children rate: 40€, adult rate: 45€.
- Departure validated for a group of 6 people minimum or at the engagement (the expenses of service are distributed between the participants, whatever their number).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking