Dinner and night in a cliff (Bourget lake, Savoie)
Duration : 1 day
France, Northern Alps
Level : beginner
from 350 € / p. from 1 to 2 personsInfos & Booking
I propose you to come and spend an unusual and unforgettable night in the middle of a cliff, with a breathtaking view on the Bourget lake.
In the heart of Savoie, between Annecy and Aix-les-Bains, it is an extraordinary experience that awaits you. Comfortably installed in your portaledge, you will spend a unique night in the middle of nowhere (but of course in total security), enjoying the sunrise and sunset on the nearby lake.
The portaledge is a folding platform that climbers use for multi-day ascents. Comfortable, flat, light, it's a hotel where you can't count the stars. During the night, you will always be attached and connected to the wall, for a total safety.
In the morning and after breakfast, you will return to the floor thanks to a long abseil (not mandatory).
- Be over 18 years old.
- Not prone to vertigo.
This vertical experience will perhaps give you the opportunity to discover climbing during a private lesson or to try multi pitch route climbing with me.
- Meet at 6pm on the parking lot of the belvedere of La Chambotte, half an hour drive from Chambéry or Annecy.
- I'll give you an isothermal backpack containing your two meals and the technical equipment (harness and helmet).
- Short approach walk of 10 minutes through the forest.
- Safety briefing at the top of the cliff before settling in for a dizzying dinner. On the menu: gourmet Savoyard fondue while contemplating the Bourget lake and the sunset.
- Settling in the portaledge for a good night!
- The next day, we wake up early with the first light of the day, still with a unique view on the Bourget lake.
- Breakfast at 7am.
- At 7.30am, last thrills with a big abseil of 70 meters (not mandatory) in order to get back on the ground.
- The experience ends around 9am on the parking lot of the belvedere of La Chambotte.
What to bring: hiking shoes, warm clothes, backpack, water (at least 1.5 liter), headlamp, etc.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Meals: from dinner (local Savoyard fondue, local charcuterie and fruit) to breakfast (pastries and freshly squeezed orange juice).
- The unusual night for one or two people.
- Individual equipment: harnesses and helmets.
- Collective equipment: portaledge, etc.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the parking lot of the belvedere of La Chambotte.
- Sleeping bag and pillow in supplement.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking