Climbing the Piton des Neiges
from 290 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Come and watch the famous and unmissable sunrise from the Piton des Neiges, the highest point of Reunion Island! From the town of Cilaos and back, 15 kilometres, between 1400 and 3070 metres in altitude and 1700 metres of positive difference in altitude await you on this hike.
Welcome to the summit of the Indian Ocean, 3070 m! This sporty hike, done over 2 days, is accessible with a good physical condition. The departure and arrival are in the town of Cilaos. Pick up and drop off is possible in the town of Saint-Louis, from where we will reach Cilaos by public transport.
If I am unavailable, a colleague from the Bureau Montagne Réunion Trek will take care of the supervision.
D1: Cilaos - Dufour Cave.
From Cilaos, we reach the start of the Bloc trail by city bus in the early afternoon (3km, 10 minutes). You start the ascent of the steep green rampart, to arrive at the Dufour cave refuge at the end of the day and enjoy the extraordinary colours of the sunset at an altitude of almost 2500 meters, around the traditional "cari".
Duration: 4h, distance: 4.5km, positive altitude difference: 1100m, negative altitude difference: 0m.
D2: Dufour Cave - Piton des Neiges - Cilaos.
After a short night and a hot drink, you start the final ascent at night, to witness the extraordinary spectacle of the sunrise on the highest peak of the Indian Ocean, an unforgettable moment! We then go back down to the refuge for breakfast, before starting our descent to Cilaos, to reach the town in the early afternoon, and to eat while contemplating the impressive route achieved!
Duration: 8 hours, distance: 10.5km, D+: 600m, D-: 1700m.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Accommodation in ½ board (night + evening meal and breakfasts), in gites or huts, in small dormitories.
- Transfers mentioned in the programme.
- Price calculated on a minimum number of 4 participants, guidance in French.
- Special requests (small groups, large groups, foreign languages): please contact me.
- For groups that have already been formed, the rates are degressive according to the number of participants.
The price does not include
- Vehicle transfers before pick-up and after drop-off.
- Drinks other than those provided at meals.
- Personal equipment.
- Personal expenses.
- Insurance and assistance (optional).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Mountain hut.
- To be confirmed
- To be confirmed