The tour of Cilaos cirque
from 395 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Go on a loop off the beaten track through the cirque of Cilaos, in the heart of the Reunion Island. You will hike a 28 kilometres route, between 400 and 1300 meters of altitude, for a total positive altitude difference of 1750 meters.
I propose an original circuit, far from the crowds, entirely located in the cirque of Cilaos. Peaceful rivers, authentic islets and shady ravines are on the program!
Pick-up and drop-off take place in Saint-Louis, or at the trailhead, at a place called "Le Pavillon". Other places are possible on request.
If I am unavailable, a colleague from the Bureau Montagne Réunion Trek will take care of the supervision.
D1 : Le Pavillon - Îlet à Cordes.
From Le Pavillon on the road to Cilaos, we walk up the arm of Cilaos on the Burel trail, to reach the Cordes islet on the panoramic path of Reposoir.
You spend the night in a lodge in the islet.
Duration: 5 hours, distance: 6km, positive altitude difference: 650m, negative altitude difference: 100m.
D2: Îlet à Cordes - Cilaos - Bras Sec.
Today you take the trail of Îlet à Cordes, then that of La Chapelle, which leads you to the bottom of the tree-lined ravines of Cilaos. The crossing of the town of Cilaos allows us to eat something, before joining the islet of Bras-sec by the arm of Benjoin to spend the night there.
Duration: 6 hours, distance: 10km, D+: 700m, D-: 500m.
D3 : Bras Sec - Palmiste Rouge - Le Pavillon.
You go down the Calumets ravine through its tropical atmosphere, to reach Palmiste Rouge, then the îlet Haut, before reaching the road to Cilaos at Le Pavillon.
Duration: 6 hours, distance: 12km, D+: 400m, D-: 1300m.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Accommodation in ½ board (night + evening meal and breakfasts), in gites or huts, in small dormitories.
- Transfers mentioned in the programme.
- Price calculated on a minimum number of 4 participants, guidance in French.
- Special requests (small groups, large groups, foreign languages): please contact me.
- For groups that have already been formed, the rates are degressive according to the number of participants.
The price does not include
- Picnic lunches (available as an option). I will advise you of the best ways to eat.
- Vehicle transfers before pick-up and after drop-off.
- Drinks other than those provided at meals.
- Personal equipment.
- Personal expenses.
- Insurance and assistance (optional).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Mountain lodges.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking