The tour of Cilaos cirque
from 430 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Go on a loop off the beaten track through the cirque of Cilaos, in the heart of Reunion Island. You will cover a 28 kilometres route, between 400 and 1300 meters of altitude, for a total positive altitude difference of 1750m.
I propose an original circuit, entirely in the cirque of Cilaos, far from the crowds... Peaceful rivers, authentic islets and shady ravines are on the program!
Pick-up and drop-off are in Saint-Louis, or at the trailhead, at a place called "Le Pavillon". Other places are possible on request.
If I am unavailable, a colleague from the Bureau Montagne Réunion Trek will take care of the supervision.
D1 : Le Pavillon - Îlet à Cordes.
From Le Pavillon on the road to Cilaos, we walk up the arm of Cilaos on the Burel path, to reach the Cordes islet on the panoramic path of Reposoir. You spend the night in a lodge on the islet.
Duration: 5h, distance: 6km, positive altitude difference: 650m, negative altitude difference: 100m.
D2: Îlet à Cordes - Cilaos - Bras Sec.
Today you take the path of Îlet à Cordes, then that of La Chapelle, which leads you to the bottom of the tree-lined ravines of Cilaos. The crossing of the town of Cilaos allows us to eat something, before joining the islet of Bras-sec by the arm of Benjoin to spend the night there.
Duration: 6h, distance: 10km, D+: 700m, D-: 500m.
D3 : Bras Sec - Palmiste Rouge - Le Pavillon.
You go down the Calumets ravine through its tropical atmosphere, to reach Palmiste Rouge, then the ïlet Haut, before joining the road to Cilaos at Le Pavillon.
Duration: 6h, distance: 12km, D+: 400m, D-: 1300m.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Accommodation in ½ board (night + evening meal and breakfasts), in gites or huts, in small dormitories.
- Transfers mentioned in the programme.
- Price calculated on a minimum number of 4 participants, guidance in French.
- Special requests (small groups, large groups, foreign languages): please contact me.
- For groups that have already been formed, the rates are degressive according to the number of participants.
The price does not include
- Vehicle transfers before pick-up and after drop-off.
- Drinks other than those provided at meals.
- Personal equipment.
- Personal expenses.
- Insurance and assistance (optional).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Mountain lodges.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking