Orientation discovery (Maurienne valley, Savoie)
from 50 € / p. from 4 to 15 personsInfos & Booking
I propose you during this day taking place in Savoie a first discovery of orientation.
In Saint-Julien-Mont-Denis, in the heart of the Maurienne valley, you will learn how to use a map and a compass. You will also learn to orientate the map, to locate yourself and to move around by making the link between the map and the terrain.
Finally, you will search for tags during an easy orienteering challenge.
This day is aimed at hikers and mountain enthusiasts who are curious and want to learn the basics of orientation.
The advantages of the course:
- From the classroom (theory) to the field (practical application).
- Alpine relief allowing an interesting first approach.
- Experienced trainers.
- Permanent orienteering challenges.
If you are interested in this theme, I also offer a 2-day introductory course in orientation in the Maurienne valley, and, to progress, an advanced course in orientation in the Bauges massif in Savoie.
- The map: some basic principles, symbols and their meaning, relief (shading, altitude, contour lines).
- The compass: principles of operation, uses, etc.
- Orienting your map, using a compass, sighting, moving around, etc.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Teaching materials (tags).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Saint-Julien-Mont-Denis, about 50 minutes drive from Chambéry and Albertville.
- A compass and the map of the area.
- A picnic lunch.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking