Discovering orienteering (Maurienne, Savoie)
from 50 € / p. from 4 to 15 personsInfos & Booking
During this day in Savoie, I propose you a first discovery of orientation.
In Saint-Julien-Montdenis, in the heart of the Maurienne valley, you will learn how to use a map and a compass. You will learn to orientate the map, to locate yourself and to move around by making the link between the map and the terrain.
Finally, you will search for markers during an easy orienteering challenge.
The advantages of the course :
- From the classroom (theory) to the field (practical application).
- Alpine relief allowing an interesting first approach.
- Experienced trainers.
- Permanent orienteering challenges.
- The map: some basic principles, symbols and their meaning, relief (shading, altitude, contour lines).
- The compass: principles of operation, uses...
- Orienting your map, using a compass, sighting, moving around..
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Teaching materials (beacons).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from your home to the meeting place.
- A compass and the map of the area.
- A picnic lunch.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking