Orientation course: improvement (Savoie)
from 240 € / p. from 4 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
I offer you this improvement weekend to progress in the use of orientation techniques and map reading, in a particularly delicate sector with its nordic profile (forests, micro-reliefs, etc.).
Objectives of the training:
- To know how to read a map on difficult terrain: wooded areas, micro-reliefs, etc.
- Acquire the techniques of final search for orientation tags.
Teaching tools used:
- Permanent orientation routes.
- Debriefings: analysis of errors, review of problem areas, sharing of errors and successes.
This weekend takes place in Savoie, in the heart of the Bauges massif. It is aimed at candidates for the probationary examination of State Diploma of the mountain leader, leaders of hiking clubs, environmental professionals, hikers, etc.
The + of the training:
- The site, hilly Nordic type, perfect for learning, practicing and perfecting orientation techniques and navigation tools.
- Experienced trainers.
- Several permanent orienteering courses.
This course can be a good follow up to the initiation orientation course taking place in the Maurienne valley or the orientation discovery day.
- Course on delicate terrain: so-called nordic reliefs, hilly, forest, presence of micro-reliefs.
- Learning of the technics of the final search.
- Establishment of timed races with a large number of tags to discover.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Educational costs.
- Meals from Saturday's lunch to Sunday's lunch.
- Tourist taxes.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the lodge, 30 minutes drive from Chambéry.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Lodge in La Féclaz or Saint-François-de-Sales.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking