Orientation course: introduction (Savoie, Maurienne)
from 240 € / p. from 4 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
I propose a training weekend in Saint-Jean-d'Arves (Sybelles resort) to discover orientation. The aim is to initiate you to understand the symbols of a map, its reading, to use a compass, move on the ground while orienting, to search for tags on easy routes, etc.
This course takes place in Savoie, in the Maurienne valley, and it is aimed at future candidates for the probationary examination of the State Diploma of mountain leaders, hiking club leaders, environmental professionals, hikers...
Pedagogical tools used:
- Visual tools (Geoportal, Powerpoint, etc.), introductory work in the classroom,
- Fieldwork with the use of orientation and navigation techniques,
- Permanent orientation routes.
The + of the training:
- From the classroom (theory) to the field (practice).
- Perfect alpine relief for a first approach of orientation.
- Experienced trainers.
- Permanent orienteering courses.
If you are interested in this theme, I also offer an orientation discovery day in the Maurienne valley, and, to progress, an advanced course in orientation in the Bauges massif in Savoie.
Saturday: theoretical contributions.
- Map: some basic principles about maps, symbols and their meaning, relief (shading, altitudes, contour lines), their use, etc.
- Compass: operation principles, uses.
- Practical exercises: orientate your map, use a compass, aim, move.
Sunday: easy orienteering challenges.
- Orientation tags searching: research and approach techniques.
- Correction work to understand the errors.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Educational costs.
- Meals from Saturday's lunch to Sunday's lunch.
- Tourist taxes.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Saint-Jean-d'Arves, about one hour drive from Chambéry and Albertville.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Lodge in Saint-Jean-d'Arves.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking