Orientation course: introduction (Savoie, Maurienne)
from 220 € / p. from 4 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Training weekend to learn orientation, understand the symbols of a map, its reading, use a compass, move on the ground while orienting, search for tags on easy routes ...
This course takes place in Savoie, in the Maurienne Valley.
This course is offered by the training center CIMMES, declared to the Rhône-Alpes Auvergne region under number 82 73 01239 73. It is a trademark of the Bureau Montagne des Arves.
Saturday: theoretical contributions.
- Map: some basic principles about maps, symbols and their meaning, relief (shading, altitudes, contour lines), their use.
- Compass: operation principles, uses.
- Practical exercises: orientate your map, use a compass, aim, move.
Sunday: easy orientation course.
- Orientation tags searching: search and approach techniques, corrections.
The price includes
- Educational costs.
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Tourist taxes.
The price does not include
- Transport to the internship place.
- Anything not specified in "The price includes".
- To be confirmed