Family bivouac stay in the wolves' valley
from 325 € / p. from 6 to 14 personsInfos & Booking
Between the Hautes-Alpes and the highlands of Provence, in an exceptional natural and wild environment, preserved from polluting human activities (no telephone network...), I offer you nature stays with bivouac under tent, tepee, poncho, hammock or simply under the stars.
This stay is perfect to reconnect and find your roots, far from the stress of modern society.
It is also an opportunity to discover and practice many activities with your children:
- Learn to make fire with a flint.
- Eat grilled grasshoppers.
- Make a clay bath.
- Find a spring and purify its water.
- Learn to cook on a wood fire.
- Set up a camp.
- Discover a territory inhabited by a pack of wolves.
- Spend an evening by the fire...
My daughters (Lise 15 years old, Lucie 13 years old and Julie 10 years old) and my wife Dominique accompany us most of the time during the summer.
Departure possible every Monday in July. You can also propose me your dates and come for less than 5 days (see below).
Access to the valley of the wolves (near Gap in the Hautes-Alpes) in 1 hour 30 of walking by a very impressive balcony path, above some gorges. It is a kind of airlock between the human world and the wild nature.
Arrival in a suspended valley isolated from the world where we settle to arrange the bivouac. The place is wild at the foot of the highest limestone cliff in Europe, right next to a river (swimming, clay mud bath...) with lawns grazed by cows in spring.
The days are punctuated by walks and various activities to share together:
- Learn the techniques to make fire (flint - iron, piston lighter, solar lighter, firesteel...),
- Go on the tracks of the wolf,
- Look for a spring and filter its water,
- Find a spring and estimate its potability,
- Recognize edible and non-edible berries,
- Animal tracks and clues, especially on the tracks of the wolf,
- Make your own toothbrush, soap and toothpaste,
- Sculpting a walking stick,
- Cook a farm chicken on a spit,
- Cook together,
- Set up a camp,
- Carve cutlery,
- Survival skills,
- Mountain first aid,
- River crossing techniques,
- Photo contest,
- Hikes adapted to the age of the children,
- Natural beauty contest...
In order to discover these wild landscapes and to immerse yourself in this atmosphere, I advise you to watch the film of my friend Jean-Michel Bertrand, "La vallée des loups".
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- The meals, well the ingredients of the meals, a whole art to choose and a big logistic beforehand, but then the idea is to make together.
- Part of the equipment (big canteen, 8-seater tent, tarps, saws, various materials like flint).
I will provide you with a list of stuff to take and submit the menus if there are any allergies or "I really don't like 🙁"
Here are the possible durations and corresponding rates:
|3 days / 2 nights||265€ / adult, 195€ / child|
|4 days / 3 nights||355€ / adult, 265€ / child|
|5 days / 4 nights||415€ / adult, 325€ / child|
The price does not include
- Cancellation/repatriation insurance via Europ Assistance (5% of the price of the stay, optional). On request I will provide you with a summary table of the refund, especially in relation to Covid.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- In a tent, under a tarp or under the stars, depending on your wishes.
- In general the children sleep in a large tent of 8 places.
- To be confirmed
- To be confirmed
- To be confirmed