Multi pitch climbing route in the Calanques
from 90 € / p. from 1 to 3 personsInfos & Booking
Discover the most beautiful multi pitch climbing routes of the Calanques!
From the classic routes to the more sportive ones, the Calanques of Marseille, Cassis or La Ciotat offer an impressive range of climbing routes for all levels. From the beginner to the expert climber, I will help you discover the great landscapes and the climbing route you need! Specialist of climbing in Provence with more than 34 years of practice and more than 24 years of professional coaching, I am a passionate and a lover of the Calanques and I will do my best to meet your expectations.
What is a multi pitch climbing route?
Multi pitch routes are climbing itineraries whose length requires to stop at "anchors" that the rope partner(s) join before continuing the ascent of the route.
For beginners or more experienced climbers, this day is the opportunity to guide you on some of the most beautiful routes in France. In the Calanques of Sormiou, Morgiou, En-Vau, at the Rocher des Goudes, Candelle, Castelvieil, Cap Canaille, etc., from 100 to more than 300 meters high, the multi pitch routes are an opportunity to surpass yourself and to discover unique atmospheres with a view on the sea, while progressing in the climbing techniques.
It is possible to schedule this activity during the climbing season, from mid-September to mid-June.
The activity is accessible to children from 10 years old.
Prerequisite: to be able to belay a lead climber (possibility to learn on the day) and to have had a first experience of rock climbing (optional but preferable).
Equipment to bring: climbing shoes (possibility of loan if needed), a pair of shoes for the approach walk (low hiking shoes, trail shoes or sneakers), an adapted sport outfit, a windproof jacket, at least 1.5 liter of water, snacks or picnic and as summer approaches, your swimsuit which can be useful just in case.
- Meeting point on the parking lot of the Decathlon store of Bonneveine (Chemin du Roy d'Espagne, 13009 Marseille).
- Carpooling to the activity site with the instructor's vehicle (4 seats).
- If necessary, learning or review of techniques specific to multi pitch routes: rope handling, organization and preparation of the anchor, abseiling, etc.
- Ascent of one or more multi pitch climbing routes.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- The technical equipment necessary for the activity: helmet, harness, lanyard, belay system, backpacks, ropes, and possibly climbing shoes (possibility of loan if needed).
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting place.
- Parking fees if we go to the calanque of Sormiou (5 €).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking