Multi pitch route climbing on the Sainte-Victoire mountain
Duration : 1 day
Level : 4c minimum
from 160 € / p. from 1 to 2 personsInfos & Booking
In the heart of the Bouches-du-Rhône department, the Sainte-Victoire mountain rises majestically above Aix-en-Provence. It is world famous for having been the favorite model of the painter Cézanne who immortalized it on more than 80 paintings.
I propose you to discover it through various climbing itineraries with difficulty adapted to your level. Indeed, the Sainte-Victoire has this exceptional feature that it offers you on the south face up to 400 meters of vertical drop for very accessible routes interspersed with small terraces. This creates a superb atmosphere and allows you to enjoy superb panoramas on Provence.
Here are some ideas of multi pitch climbing routes perfect for a vertical walk on the limestone of the Sainte-Victoire:
- The Aix ridge at Baou Cézanne.
- "Les moussaillons" and the "arête du jardin" which arrives at the Croix de Provence.
- The southwest ridge or the complete south ridge of the Croix.
- "Les masques de pierre" or "Les aromates" at Aiguille Bertine.
- "Le grand parcours".
- "L'éperon de la vierge".
- "L'arête des trois pointes" at Subéroque.
- "L'arête du grand couloir".
- The ridge of Genty.
- The spur of the Hermitage.
Climbing a multi pitch route makes you want to evolve and progress in your climbing practice but you have blockages? Why not follow this course in the Baronnies to learn to climb more serenely, to apprehend the fall and to know your limits...
For beginners in multi pitch routes climbing, you can let yourself be guided, enjoy the trip and discover the rudiments of the different techniques necessary to climb big walls, roped up with the instructor.
For the more experienced, the Sainte-Victoire offers numerous routes of traditional climbing, perfect for discovering the associated techniques:
- organization of the equipment (cams, friends, slings, etc.),
- usage of cams,
- triangulation of an anchor,
- management of the rope pull.
I will also teach you how to improve your climbing technique, to become more efficient, faster and safer, in order to prepare yourself for more ambitious projects or simply to climb more comfortably.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- The equipment necessary for the practice of the activity, modern and with the standards (harness, helmet, rope, belay device, quickdraws, carabiners, etc.).
- Some pictures to remember !
|Number of participants||1||2|
|Price per person||300 €||160 €|
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point near Aix-en-Provence.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking