Climbing course in the Baronnies of Provence (Drôme)
from 240 € / p. from 4 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
I propose a climbing course for all climbers wishing to discover and deepen the techniques of this discipline in cliff. In a warm and friendly environment, everyone will be able to evolve at their own pace.
This course takes place in the Baronnies, in the south of the Drôme of Provence and at the foot of the majestic Mont Ventoux. This region has many climbing sites, all located in bucolic environments and surrounded by beautiful landscapes.
You will climb mainly on the site of Chavoul, located above the Gour des Oules river. This cliff, close to the beautiful village of Montbrun-les-Bains, is very little frequented, recently bolted and offers a rock with a welcome grip. An initiation sector (slab and cracks) and another one with more difficult routes (wall with holes, overhangs, dihedral, etc.) allow everyone to find routes at their level and to work on more ambitious objectives.
We will also discover more known sites among the following ones:
- Mévouillon: in a pleasant environment, you will enjoy a surprising and adherent limestone.
- Pelleret: very beautiful rock, magnificent and wild landscape, this site is inescapable.
- Plaisians: pretty cliff situated next to a magnificent clue.
- Ubrieux: at the entrance of the village of Buis-les-Baronnies, you overhang the Ouvèze from beautiful limestone slabs.
- Baume rousse: this site is very famous thanks to its superb routes, its magnificent view and the quality of its rock.
- Aiguille-de-Buis: the effort of the approach walk is quickly rewarded by the superb panoramas and the good rock.
- Baume noire: this quiet cliff offers routes of all levels.
If this course makes you want to discover new horizons in climbing, why not follow me for the ascent of a multi pitch route on the Sainte-Victoire mountain or at the Saint-Julien rock in Buis-les-Baronnies?
D1: Learning and review of the technical basics necessary for safe progress.
Identification of the desires and needs of each person to progress and take more pleasure in climbing.
D2 to D4: Workshops and climbing.
Setting up of pedagogical workshops to progress.
Practice climbing under the watchful eye of your instructor.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Equipment necessary for the practice of the activity, modern and in the standards (harness, helmet, rope, belay device, quickdraws, etc.). It is recommended to bring your own climbing shoes.
- Transport on site if you are staying near Montbrun-les-Bains.
The price does not include
- Transport to Montbrun-les-Bains, about an hour drive from Carpentras or Sisteron.
- Accommodation. I can still give you information and refer you according to what you are looking for.
- Picnic lunch.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- The Chavoul B&B for the proximity (access to the cliff on foot) and the authentic environment.
- Vergol lodge for the serenity, the warm welcome and the delicious food.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you want more information.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking