Caving initiation in the Troubat cave (Hautes-Pyrénées)
from 35 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Take the opportunity to discover caving in the heart of the Pyrenean Piedmont. This outing is accessible to all, even if you are not athletic or if you are afraid of narrow or vertiginous passages.
It is in the Barousse, a small valley still preserved, that this horizontal cave is hidden. It is ideal to experiment this activity with family or friends in the most serene way possible. An easy progression, numerous concretions (stalactites, stalagmites), short optional narrow passages for those who wish it and several possible small loops: here is what awaits you throughout this course. You may even have the chance to see some bats!
We will also take the time to talk about the formation of the caves and the Pyrenees, the cave-dwelling species or the history of caving and the explorers who have written it.
There are many beautiful and little frequented places around the cave to complete the day in a sporting or cultural way. I'll tell you more when you book!
- Meeting point in the village of Troubat located in the Barousse valley. The GPS point will be transmitted to you.
- The time of the meeting is defined together with the reservation. Generally around 9am for the morning and 1pm for the afternoon. This is flexible depending on our availability and your needs.
- Transfer to the parking lot of the cave to park the vehicles.
- We will equip ourselves here.
- Short approach walk of 5 to 10 minutes to reach the entrance porch.
- Small briefing under the porch, we light the lamps and let's go!
- Approximately one and a half hour of progression, observation and exchanges under ground.
- Return to the car and indications about the places to visit in the surroundings.
Personal equipment to bring:
- Comfortable clothes for a temperature of 10°C.
- Closed toe sneakers or boots.
- A headband or an elastic band if your hair is long.
- A change of clothes after the activity.
- A snack and a small bottle of water.
The price includes
- Supervision by the caving instructor.
- Technical equipment: harness, helmet with lighting, caving suit.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point in Troubat, about 30 minutes drive from Saint-Gaudens.
- Appropriate clothing.
- A bottle of water.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking