Snowshoeing and relaxation stay around Gap (Hautes-Alpes)
from 590 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
This snowshoeing stay in the Hautes-Alpes is a cocktail of snowshoeing and relaxation with outdoor Finnish bath in water at 38° and sauna barrel. The welcome is family in the cottage of the organizer, above Gap: I welcome you in a large farmhouse completely restored, located in a protected area 900 meters above sea level, near the mountains of Écrins (Champsaur) and Dévoluy.
Dominique, the cooker of the family, you will make you discover local meals but also unusual preparations, farmhouse cheeses of our friends Marie-Ange and Axel. A lot of the ingredients come from organic farming. You will taste our home-made products (various soups, dried tomatoes, antipasti, oil mushrooms, beets, onions, beans, vinegar herbs, olive oils, jams and dried fruits of our orchard, twenty digestifs and homemade aperitifs ...).
As for me, I have been a hiking guide for 20 years and I know very well the territory of this sweet and unspoilt part of the Hautes-Alpes. Our cottage and its region enjoy a privileged location with 300 days of sunshine / year and a central location.
Spirit of the stay:
- Small groups (12 people max): I prefer conviviality
- Hiking landscape diversity: mountain pastures, pass, forest, river ... I will make you discover my secret and wild places far from the resorts
- Accessibility by train (we will pick you up at Gap station)
- Difficulties adapted to the group
- Relaxation with Finnish baths and sauna
- Comfort of a *** lodging (rooms of 2 or 3 people), new bathrooms with italian showers
- Tasty and hearty family cuisine, drinks (wine, aperitifs, coffee) included
- Heat of a large 65 m2 vaulted room with a 2 tons wood stove
- Transport to the departures of the hikes with our minibus
- Equipment (snowshoes,...) to rent
- Departure at 9am every morning, return at the cottage between 4 and 5pm
- Saturday morning, peasant market of Gap then hike with night return (towards 7pm) to enjoy the sunset
- Departures: every Monday from the beginning of January to the middle of March.
The price includes
- Supervision by the hiking guide
- Everything, except equipment rental (snowshoes, hiking poles)
The price does not include
- Equipment rental (snowshoes, hiking poles, transceiver,...)
*** Cottage: 5 bedrooms, 12 places, 150m2 with 3 bathrooms with italian shower, spacious large vaulted room (65m2 old tiled oven, unique in the Hautes-Alpes).
No scheduled departure, bu you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking