Snowshoeing & relaxing weekend in Gap (Hautes-Alpes)
from 245 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
This weekend is a cocktail of snowshoe hikes and relaxation, with outdoor hot bath (Finnish bath type) in a water at 38° and sauna. Sauna and bath are heated by a large wood stove and the water used is spring water. A family welcome is offered at the guide's lodge, which enjoys a privileged location with 300 days of sunshine per year and a central location.
You will live two days far from the "factory" resorts for a more authentic stay! You will be transported by minibus to the start of the snowshoe hikes. Thus, you will taste a diversity of landscapes: the Céüse massif resembling a disemboweled volcano and offering all along its cornice a panorama on the Hautes-Alpes, and the wild valleys of Gap hinterland... You can also expect to discover a tasty family cooking. You will relax in the outdoor hot tub and warm up by the monumental tiled stove.
The reception of this weekend takes place on Friday evening (after 6pm) for the aperitif and to enjoy 2 real days of snowshoeing.
- 245€ for a 2 days / 2 nights.
- Group reduction up to -7%.
- Equipment rental in supplement.
- Arrival on Friday at 6.30pm / departure on Sunday around 4-5pm.
- Access by train, we pick you up and take you back from / to Gap train station (10€ per person for the return trip).
- Family welcome at the guide's lodge, with Dominique, Etienne and their 3 daughters.
- A comfortable *** lodge, 900 meters above sea level in the Hautes-Alpes.
- 5 bedrooms from 2 to 3 places.
- A refined and creative cooking based on local products and transformations of our vegetable gardens / orchards.
- Transport to the departures of the hikes with by minibus (15 to 20 minutes).
- Relaxation: an outdoor Finnish bath and a large sauna / hammam barrel.
- Above Gap and its 300 days of sunshine / year.
- Two entire days of snowshoe hikes.
Destinations: Champsaur, Dévoluy, Gapençais... sunny ridges, wild valleys, large snow-covered dales, peaks, deep forests to offer a great diversity of landscapes.
- Finnish bath on Saturday evening: a large 2000-liter barrel with water at 38°, in the forest, under the starry sky.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Full board accomodation.
- Bed sheets.
- Transport to the departure of the hikes.
- Generally speaking, everything except the rental of equipment.
The price does not include
- Rental of snowshoes and safety equipment (30 € per person).
- Optional but special Covid cancellation and repatriation insurance (5% of the price of the stay).
- Full refund in case of government travel ban.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Lodging in a 18th century restored farmhouse, in a green mountain area. Terraced house near the owner's house with large vaulted living room of 60m². Outside large landscaped garden available. Sitting area, TV, large tiled wood stove of 2 tons.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking