Initiation climbing session around Montpellier
from 40 € / p. from 4 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
I propose an initiation session to discover rock climbing around Montpellier.
This region offers many magnificent sites for climbing enthusiasts. Here are just a few of the cliffs where we might go:
- Pic Saint-Loup: Located some 25 kilometers north of Montpellier, Pic Saint-Loup offers an impressive landscape of limestone cliffs. It's an ideal site for sport climbing and long routes.
- Hortus: Also north of Montpellier, the Hortus massif is renowned for its varied climbing routes, ranging from easy to difficult. The only routes in this sector are multi pitch ones. Climbers can enjoy panoramic views over the region from the summit.
- Le Thaurac: The Thaurac is a climbing area near Ganges, about 50 kilometers west of Montpellier. It offers a wide variety of climbing routes in an unspoilt natural environment, with cliffs and caves. All levels are possible, making it an ideal place for discovery.
- Barrage de Bertrand: Located near Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert, this site offers rock faces suitable for climbing. It's a picturesque spot surrounded by mountains and greenery. The cliffs are shaded for summer climbing.
- Claret: A highly reputed climbing site, Claret is located some 30 kilometers northwest of Montpellier. It offers a wide variety of routes at all levels, with technical and often overhanging walls. An intermediate level is required.
- Les Jonquasses: this climbing site is located near Gignac, about 40 kilometers northwest of Montpellier. It offers a wide range of grades and orientations. It's a very cute climbing site of local interest.
- Valflaunes: this small area is perfect for beginners, who come here to enjoy the sunshine in spring and autumn. Located on the south face of the Pic Saint-Loup, this small south-facing climbing site is sure to delight many a climber.
- Le Clocheton des Matelles: located in the same area as Pic Saint-Loup, 25 kilometers north of Montpellier, this climbing site is often used by clubs or for initiations. Easy access is provided for the installation of windmills. Despite its proximity to Montpellier, it's a refreshing change of scenery.
- Le Prieuré: this is the essential bouldering spot in the Montpellier region. Situated near Lodève in an idyllic forest, it has top-quality sandstone boulders. We'll be using crash pads and parachute assistance to protect us from falls.
This session with qualified supervision is an opportunity to get expert advice and information on the different routes available, on safety aspects, on your technique and on your axes of progression.
You'll experience thrills, see magnificent places and have the chance to discover new horizons. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced climber, there are options to suit all levels.
So don't wait to enjoy this sensational adventure and the beauty of the surrounding nature.
If you'd like to continue the adventure, you can follow me for a multi pitch route climbing, still around Montpellier.
- Meet at a location we've agreed together.
- Between 5 and 30 minutes for equipment and approach walking.
- 2 hours an a half of climbing.
- Between 5 and 15 minutes for return walk and de-equipping.
- A total of 3 hours and a half for this climbing session around Montpellier.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Equipment necessary for the practice of the activity (helmet, safety harness, ropes, quickdraws, belay device, etc.).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point.
- Climbing shoes and socks.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
We have several partners near the region:
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking