Canyoning at the Albès waterfalls (Caroux massif)
from 60 € / p. from 4 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
I invite you to explore the Albès canyon, one of the most beautiful and wildest in the upper Languedoc.
Right from the start, you're immersed in the atmosphere of the Caroux National Park. After an uphill approach walk, you reach the resurgence of the Albès pillar. Here, water gushes out at the foot of a 100-metre-high cliff. This marks the start of the canyoning descent.
Then it's off for a succession of 4 abseils, each one different from the next, up to 35 meters high. Ideal for perfecting your abseiling technique, this canyon is reserved for the more experienced and sporty.
The rest of the canyoning descent takes place under the woods, with a number of slides and jumps in beautiful, crystal-clear pools. There aren't many jumping spots, but you can do them again and again if you want to work on your technique.
In short, the Albès waterfalls canyon is a very complete canyoning trip. All you need is to be physically fit to enjoy these idyllic landscapes.
The activity is open to teenagers aged 14 and over.
For other aquatic and sporting adventures in the region, you can follow me to the Rec Grand canyon, still in the Caroux, or a little further afield, for a canyoning session in the Gorges du Diable in Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert.
- Meet at the fish farm parking lot in Saint-Géniès-de-Varensal, about 30 minutes' drive from Clermont-l'Hérault or Béziers.
- 45 minutes for equipment, approach walk and briefing.
- 3 hours and a half for the canyoning descent.
- Half an hour for a picnic lunch break in the canyon.
- 15 minutes for return walk and de-equipping.
- A total of 5 hours of activity on average.
The price includes
- Supervision by the experienced canyoning instructor.
- Quality equipment necessary for the practice of the activity (5mm neoprene wetsuit, neoprene socks, helmet, safety harness, lanyards, backpack, watertight canister, etc.).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Saint-Géniès-de-Varensal.
- Swimsuit, shoes and socks.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking