Ski touring in the valleys of Gran Paradiso
from 450 € / p. from 4 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
During this ski touring course in the Gran Paradiso Valley for a period of 3 days, I will give you advice on your off-piste skiing techniques (freeride turning, sculling, turning into bad snow, etc.), with a particular attention on the choice of the routes and passages when going up or down.
I will explain how to manage the risk and the group on specific ski touring routes that are not necessarily very busy. The objective is to start to be more autonomous both in ski techniques and in terms of risk management and consequently on the choices to be made to confirm and carry out the chosen route.
My role is to give you progressive and shared indications so that you understand my choices.
Finally, you will come back on avalanche rescue with the teaching of transceiver research techniques with several buried people, and how to act actively in case of involvement in an avalanche accident.
D1: Meet at 8am at the scheduled location, transfer to Valgrisenche and climb to the top of the Arp Vieille (2963m). Day devoted to the deepening of the techniques of ascent and descent with a particular attention to the techniques of downhill skiing and the topics related to the risks and to the evolution in group. At the end of the afternoon, analyze newsletters and other documents to choose the next day's outing. ½ board at the hotel.
Total duration: 5h30 to 6h30, positive elevation: 1150m, negative elevation: 1150m.
D2: Meet at 8am at the hotel, transfer to Rhêmes-Notre-Dame and ski tour of the Gollien Pass (Entrelor, 2565 m). Outing managed by you using the 3x3 method for the management of the outing, the choice of the route of ascent and descent. In the afternoon: preparation for the the next day's outing.
Total duration: 4h30 to 5h, E+: 900m, E-: 900m.
D3: Meet at 8am at the hotel, transfer to Valsavarenche in Pessey (1860m) and climb to Chabod refuge (2750m). Outing managed by you using the 3x3 method for the management of the outing, the choice of the route of ascent and descent. Back to the car in the early afternoon. End of the program.
Total duration: 4h30 to 5h, E+: 860m, E-: 860m.
Educational content of the internship:
- Acquire the technical bases of the evolution uphill and downhill
- Teaching of environmental elements that influence risks
- How to interpret the terrain for the realization of the route and the trace
- Deepen the analysis of the weather and avalanche bulletins and compare them with the reality on the terrain
- Deepen the use of maps, ski topos, etc., for the choice of the route
- Deepen the basics of first aid
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide for the duration of the program
- Half-board stay in a ** hotel (excluding drinks at the hotel and filling the thermos and water bottles for the outings)
- Insurance in case of emergency
The price does not include
- Everything not specified in "The price includes"
- ** hotel with with half board and double room
No scheduled departure, bu you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking