Ski touring around Benevolo hut (Aosta Valley)
from 540 € / p. from 4 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
During these four days in the Gran Paradiso Massif around the Benevolo refuge, you will be able to improve your ski touring technique as well as the necessary knowledge for a correct practice of this discipline: ski progression on the ascent and descent, use of the transceiver, GPS, etc.
This trip takes place in the western part of Gran Paradiso, in one of the most beautiful and renowned places for ski touring: uniform slopes for great skiing and unforgettable panoramas on the Gran Paradiso mountains and Tarentaise are waiting for you!
This course is ideal to be more independent in the choice of future outing in ski touring.
Possible outings: Pointe Calabre, Roc Basagne, Pointe Galise, Pointe Basei, Pointe Vaudalettaz, Gran Vaudala, Pointe Paletta.
D1: climb to Benevolo refuge (2285m).
Meet at 10am in Rhêmes-Notre-Dame (1723m). Checking of the equipment of each participant, preparation of the backpack and climb to Benevolo refuge in 3 to 4 hours (the duration can vary by ½ hour depending on the closure of the road). Afternoon will be used to use the 3x3 method, topography and avalanche rescue with DVA, probe and shovel. ½ board in refuge.
Positive elevation: 560m.
D2 to D4: the outings are not specified because they will be chosen according to the analysis carried out together at the refuge to check the knowledge of the participants and to choose each day the route where the conditions are the best. All these routes take place on open slopes and glacier (except one). During the outings, I will help you to analyze the situations in order to gradually bring you to a first management autonomy. At the end of the afternoon, analyze the newsletters and other documents and choose the itinerary of the following day. ½ board in refuge.
Total duration: 5 to 6 hours, E+ and E-: between 1000m and 1150m.
The last day: descent to Rhêmes-Notre-Dame where the trip began. At the end of the day, we will an assessment of the internship.
Educational content of the internship:
- Improve skiing techniques on the descent and ascent
- Field interpretation based on risk and group level analysis
- Use of maps and other media for the study of itineraries
- Autonomy in the search for several buried persons and active collaboration in a possible rescue intervention
- Understanding of weather and avalanche bulletins, ability to re-analyze data on the terrain
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide
- Half board in refuge Benevolo, including the guide's one (excluding drinks)
The price does not include
- Everything not specified in "The price includes"
- Benevolo hut: half board and dormitory
No scheduled departure, bu you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking