Ice climbing in the Aravis (Haute-Savoie)
Duration : ½ day
France, Northern Alps
Level : from beginner to intermediate
from 140 € / p. from 2 to 4 personsInfos & Booking
When the cold persists, the streams congeal and invite us in their frozen meanders.
In the heart of the Aravis massif, the valleys of Thônes near Annecy in Haute-Savoie offer a multitude of ice falls suitable for both initiation and improvement.
Let yourself be tempted by a day of discovery of this activity on the spot best suited to your level, from the ruisseling (climbing a frozen stream) to ice falls more or less vertical.
This session is an opportunity to introduce you to the specific equipment for this activity (ice axes, crampons, ice screws, etc.) as well as the most appropriate and efficient way to climb these ephemeral ice structures.
If you are also a ski tourer, I advise you to apply the techniques learned here and follow me for a day of ski mountaineering in Savoie Mont Banc.
- Appointment at 9am in Thônes in front of the store Versant nord.
- Carpooling to the spot: from 15 to 30 minutes of driving and as much to walk to the start of the ice fall.
- Equipment, safety check and installation of ropes for top rope climbing.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Specific equipment like harness, helmets and ice axes.
- Hot drinks.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Thônes, 30 minutes drive from Annecy.
- Carpooling from Thônes to the place of pratice.
- Ice climbing insurance (possible for 1 day).
- Crampons adjusted to your shoes (possible rental on the meeting place).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking