The Aravis via ferrata (Haute-Savoie)
Duration : ½ day
France, Northern Alps
Level : from beginner to confirmed
from 67 € / p. from 2 to 5 personsInfos & Booking
From Thônes, crossroads of the valleys of the Aravis massif in Haute-Savoie, I propose you to climb one or several via ferrata in the heart of this beautiful mountain massif:
- The "Roche à l'Agathe" via ferrata overlooking Thônes:
With a quick access, this course is vertiginous and rich in strong sensations, with in particular an inverted ladder that you have to climb facing the void and a very pronounced and very physical overhang. It is nevertheless possible to avoid these difficulties by taking the escape routes. You will also enjoy a beautiful view of the Bornes massif and its summits: Tournette, Lanfonnet, Belchamps.
- The "Yves Pollet-Villard" via ferrata at the Aravis pass:
Located above La Clusaz and the Aravis pass, this route winds on a beautiful limestone cliff facing south and also facing the Mont Blanc. The panorama is magnificent and some passages like the suspended footbridge are unforgettable. You may also have the chance to see marmots, chamois, eagles or bearded vultures.
- The "Tour du Jallouvre" via ferrata above the col de la Colombière:
With a real mountain atmosphere, this course dominates the Grand-Bornand and the col de la Colombière. After a varied, playful and sometimes physical beginning, the via ferrata becomes little by little a mountaineering course on a rocky ridge, while being of course always assured by the cable. The wildlife is also present with marmots, chamois and bearded vultures.
If you are in the mood for more watery vertical adventures, I advise you to follow me in the most beautiful canyons of the Annecy and Aravis region.
- Meeting point in Thônes, 30 minutes drive from Annecy.
- Transfer to the via ferrata parking lot.
- From 15 to 30 minutes of approach walking to reach the start of the selected via.
- About 2 to 3 hours to climb the via ferrata.
- From 30 to 45 minutes of return walking to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- The equipment necessary to practice the activity: helmet, harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absorber.
- Pics of your exploit.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Thônes.
- Insurance for mountain activities.
- Picnic lunch and snacks.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking