From hiking to mountaineering: course for beginner (Mont Blanc massif)
from 370 € / p. from 4 to 5 personsInfos & Booking
Go for three days in the Mont Blanc massif to learn the basics and take your first steps in mountaineering.
This course will take you slowly to walk on your first glaciers, learn rock climbing and how to evolve on a via ferrata.
In summary, all that is needed to do your first mountaineering outings in high mountains, off the beaten track.
D1: Meet at 9am in Chamonix, transfer to the Gaillands rock climbing cliff where you will spend the day learning climbing, knots, safety, etc. In the afternoon, transfer by car to Courmayeur in Italy to the refuge where the stay is planned.
Stay in ½ board at the refuge accessible by car.
D2: Meet at 8.30am at the refuge, transfer to the Mont Blanc cable car on the Italian side and climb to Helbronner Pointe. From there, you will go for a ice/snow mountaineering outing to the Entreves pass. Learning of basic techniques to evolve with crampons.
Return to the refuge in the afternoon around 4.30 / 5am. Stay in ½ board in refuge.
D3: Meet at 8.30 am at the refuge and transfer to the climbing rock of Morgex in Italy where you will learn the basics of progression on a via ferrata, then again in rock climbing.
End of the program at the beginning of the afternoon.
Content of teaching:
- Progression in crampons on slopes up to 30°
- Progression on a glacier
- Progression on rock (difficulty of 2nd or 3rd degree) with mountain shoes
- Progression with mountain shoes on a via ferrata
- How to choose the necessary equipment for mountaineering outings
- How to choose a route according to the conditions of the mountain
All these themes will be treated during the mountaineering outings planned in the program.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide
- Half board in Monte Bianci hut (excluding drinks)
- Transport from the hut to the differents sites
The price does not include
- Everything not specidfied in "The price includes"
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking