Trekking from Langtang to Helambu, via Gosaikund Lake
Duration : 12 days
Level : regular hiker
from 1050 € / p. from 4 to 16 personsInfos & Booking
Langtang Park, 30 kilometers north of Kathmandu, extends to the Tibetan border. With a total area of 1710km2, it includes the sources of two rivers and several peaks around 7000 meters.
With a wide geographical, geological and climatic diversity, this region offers a large variety of animal and plant species. The subtropical forest below 1000 meters gives way to forests of pines, rhododendrons, and larches above this altitude.
Some 45 Sherpa villages make up this massif with very different ethnic origins but mostly represented by Tamangs from Tibet.
Highlights of the trek:
- The panorama on more than 7000 meters of altitude mountains such as Langtang Lirung (7200m), Ganesh Himal (7600m) and Langtang-II (7227m).
- Splendid views on the snowy peaks, passes and lakes of the Himalayas: Tserko Ri (5033m), Kyanjin Ri, Ganchhenpo (6388m), Dorje Lakpa (6990m), Laurebinayak pass (4609), Gosaikund sacred lakes.
- More than 100 species of plants, 150 species of birds and many mammals.
- The Langtang valley is also called "the valley of glaciers".
- Typical Sherpa and Tamang villages.
- Langtang National Park, second largest park in Nepal.
D1: Arrival in Kathmandu.
Reception, transfer and installation at the hotel.
D2: Kathmandu - Syabru Besi (1462m).
Departure early in the morning for about 6 hours of minibus trip. It will take you to Syabru Besi (1462m) via Dhunche.
D3: Syabru Besi - Lama Hotel (2500m).
The trail crosses the Bhote Kosi river, descending from Tibet. At the end of the day, a short climb awaits you to reach the Lama Hotel.
5 hours of walking, positive elevation: 1300m, negative elevation: 300m.
D4: Lama Hotel - Langtang (3430m).
4 to 5 hours of walking on the hiking trail that goes through Gumanechok and GhodaTabela which means "horses' stable". The Langtang village is a very old village of this trek route and the views from here are spectacular on Langtang II and Langtang Lirung.
D5: Langtang - Kyanjin Gompa (3730m).
The path climbs gradually through small villages and pastures of yaks. You can enjoy panoramic views of the following peaks: Kyangjin Ri (4750m), Tserko Ri (5000m), Ganja La (5160m), Langshi Ri (6427m), Dorji Lakpa (6430m), Naya Kanga (5844m), Yala Peak (5500m). You can visit a monastery and/or a cheese factory, walk to the moraine to admire the spectacular glaciers of Langtang Lirung or climb on the Kyangjin Ri (4350m) in the afternoon.
About 3 hours of walking, E+: 450m.
D6: Kyanjin Gompa - Lama Hotel (2340m).
5 hours of walking down to the Lama Hotel where you will stay for the night.
D7: Lama Hotel - Thulo Syabru (2210m).
The descent continues to the village of Pairo. From there, you go back to the village of Thulo Syabru, one of the most beautiful Tamang villages with splendid views of Ganesh Himal and Tibetan mountains.
5 hours of walking, E+: 400m, E-: 580m.
D8: Thulo Syabru - Laurebinayak (3910m).
Today a steep climb through forests of oaks, firs and rhododendrons awaits you to the top of a ridge.
6 hours of walking, E+: 1600m.
D9: Laureninayak - Lake Gosaikund (4460m).
You climb up to a small pass from where you can admire impressive views of the Manaslu and Ganesh Himal range, the Tibetan peaks, the Langtang Lirung and the famous Annapurna Chain. You continue in this sumptuous scenery to reach the sacred lake of Gosaikund where you will stay for the night.
3 hours of walking, E+: 1100m
D10: Gosainkunda - Ghopte (3200m).
You climb to the Gosaikund Pass (4600m) and then go down a rocky hill covered with pines and rhododendrons to Ghopte.
6 hours of walking, E+: 500m, E-: 1200m.
D11: Ghopte - Kutumsang (2446m).
You go through Tharepati to join the region of Helambu. The views of Himalayan ranges and Sherpa villages are spectacular. The route is interspersed with beautiful rhododendron forests. You will spend the night in Kutumsang. Day trek globally downhill with only one small ridge to go up.
6 hours of walking, E+: 350m, E-: 1000m.
D12: Kutumsang - Chisapani (2170m).
You walk on a ridge from where you can admire two valleys and the chain of Everest. You can see the Himalayan range from Manaslu to Everest.
6 hours of walking, E+: 900m, E-: 1200m.
D13: Chisapani - Sundarijal - Kathmandu.
4 hours of walking for magnificent views while descending through forests of oaks and rhododendrons, with some pines at lower altitudes. Go throught Borlang Banjyang Pass (2430m), then you join the Kathmandu valley via Shivapuri Park and a beautiful forest of rodhodendrons to Sundarijal.
E+: 300m, E-: 1000m.
The price includes
- Airport / hotel / airport transfers.
- Kathmandu / Syabru Besi trip in private bus.
- Sundrijal / Kathmandu trip in local bus.
- 11 trekking days with full board accomodation in lodge, every meal with tea or coffee and on the 12th day, lunch during the trip Sundrijal / Kathmandu is included (except drinks).
- Trekking permit for Langtang National Park.
- License for conservation of Shivapuri National Park.
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management Service).
- Supervision by the experienced French-speaking guide.
- An assistant guide from 4 people.
- 1 porter for 2 participants (in accordance with the regulations of the Union of Nepalese Porters, a porter carrying a maximum of 20kg, you will have to hire an additional porter if your luggage exceeds 10kg).
- Insurance for the Nepalese team.
The price does not include
- Meals in Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- International flight.
- Personal equipment (sleeping bag, hiking poles, water bottle, backpack, sunglasses, sunscreen).
- Personal insurance (mandatory: check that your insurance covers you in case of accident, ie all medical expenses, the cost of a helicopter evacuation and repatriation to return home).
- Entry visa to Nepal (check that your passport is valid for another 6 months after your return date).
- Transportation for the visits in Kathmandu.
- Fees in the city (museum, monument, monastery, etc).
- Costs caused by exceptional events (road cut, landslide, general strike, bad weather, snow .....) that can not be expected.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
Any trip interrupted or abridged, any change of program at the request of the participants (accident, illness, mountain sickness, early return, trek abbreviated) can not give rise to any refund.
- In lodge during the trekking.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking