Trekking in the Langtang
Duration : 9 days
Level : intermediate
from 890 € / p. from 2 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Langtang National Park starts 30 kilometers north of Kathmandu and extends to the Tibetan border. With a total area of 1710 km2, it includes the sources of two rivers and several peaks around 7000 meters.
With a large geographical, geological and climatic diversity, this region offers a wide variety of animal and plant species. The subtropical forest below 1000 meters changes with pine, rhododendron, and larch forests above.
Some 45 Sherpas villages make up this massif with very different ethnic origins but mostly represented by Tamangs from Tibet. I propose you to discover this beautiful region during this trek.
Arrival, reception, transfer and installation at the hotel.
D1: Kathmandu - Syabrubesi (1462m).
Departure early in the morning after breakfast to Syabrubesi (1470m) via Dhunche (about 7 hours bus trip). Your adventure starts! You will be fascinated by the daily life of the inhabitants of the many small villages crossed. On the way you will see the magnificent view of the Himalayas, including the Annapurnas, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and the peaks of the Langtang region.
D2: Syabrubesi - Lama Hotel (2500m).
The trail initially crosses the Bhote Kosi, which descends from Tibet, then climbs gradually through the subtropical forests teeming with birds, to join the Syabrubesi trail. The trekking day is punctuated by a short climb to Lama Hotel.
About 6 hours of walking.
D3: Lama Hotel - Langtang (3430m).
The trail is beautiful and climbs gently into the valley with the yaks as a backdrop to the village of Langtang, home of the national park of the same name. From here the views on the mountains are spectacular. You can visit a monastery shortly before arriving at the village.
About 5 hours of walking.
D4: Langtang - Kyanjin Gompa (3730m).
Today's course is shorter, for a better acclimatization to the altitude. The path climbs gradually through small villages and yaks pastures. You can visit a cheese factory. Kyanjin is surrounded by snowy mountains on all sides. You can enjoy panoramic views of Kyanjin Ri (4750m), Tserko Ri (5000m), Ganja La (5160m), Langshisa Ri (6427m), Dorji Lakpa (6430m), Naya Kanga (5844m) or Yala Peak (5500m).
About 4 hours of walking.
D5: Kyanjin Gompa.
Rest day in Kyanjin Gompa to perfect your acclimatization and explore the region. You can visit a monastery, a cheese factory, walk to the moraine to see the spectacular glaciers of Langtang Lirung or climb to Kyanjin Ri (4350m).
D6: Kyanjin Gompa - Lama Hotel (2340m).
Today, you return to the Lama Hotel via the village of Tamang.
About 5 hours of walking.
D7: Lama Hotel - Khamjing (2000m).
You follow a steep path through the forest to Khamjing, a beautiful village of the Tamang community with a beautiful panorama of the Ganesh Himal and the Tibetan mountains.
5 hours of walking.
D8: Khamjing - Syabrubesi.
About 2 to 3 hours of walking for a day of easy trekking. While going down, you will see huge waterfalls.
D9: Syabrubesi - Kathmandu.
After breakfast, you return to Kathmandu (about 8 hours by bus) where you spend the night.
The price includes
- Airport / hotel / airport transfers.
- Kathmandu / Syabrubesi /Kathmandu trip in private bus from 4 persons, else in local bus.
- 8 trekking days with full board accomodation in lodge, every meal with tea or coffee and on the 9th day, lunch during the trip Syabrubesi / Kathmandu is included (except drinks).
- Trekking permit for Langtang National Park.
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management Service).
- Supervision by the experienced French-speaking guide.
- An assistant guide from 4 people.
- 1 porter for 2 participants (in accordance with the regulations of the Union of Nepalese Porters, a porter carrying a maximum of 20kg, you will have to hire an additional porter if your luggage exceeds 10kg).
- Insurance for the Nepalese team.
The price does not include
- Meals in Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- International flight.
- Personal equipment (sleeping bag, hiking poles, water bottle, backpack, sunglasses, sunscreen).
- Personal insurance (mandatory: check that your insurance covers you in case of accident, ie all medical expenses, the cost of a helicopter evacuation and repatriation to return home).
- Entry visa to Nepal (check that your passport is valid for another 6 months after your return date).
- Transport for the visits in Kathmandu.
- Fees in the city (museum, monument, monastery)
- Costs caused by exceptional events (road cut, landslide, general strike, bad weather, snow) that can not be expected.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
Any trip interrupted or abridged, any change of program at the request of the participants (accident, illness, mountain sickness, early return, trek abbreviated) can not give rise to any refund.
- In lodge during the trekking.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking