Tamang heritage trekking
from 430 € / p. from 2 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
The Tamang heritage trek, between Langtang and Ganesh Himal, is one of the most exciting trek in Nepal. It is located exactly on the border between Nepal and Tibet, where Tibetans from China and Tibet emigrated to Nepal 400 years ago. You can see many other ethnic tribes here.
On the route of this Tamang Heritage Trek, you will discover the different culture, religion and way of life of the Tamang community in the Langtang region.
The trek starts in Syabrubesi from where you head towards Gatlang and Tatopani. Gatlang is a traditional Tamang village that stands on a hill among terraced fields. During the trekking, you will see many fascinating things: the history of the Tibetan ancestors, the tiny wooden houses where they live, beautiful colorful traditional dresses, a Tamang monastery, etc. The main occupation of these peoples is agriculture and trading. This culture has remained virtually intact. The splendid view of the snowy mountains is unforgettable and breathtaking. The best time for this Tamang heritage trek is the months of March and April when you can see the rhododendron forests in bloom, as well as many species of trees, birds, butterflies, majestic waterfalls and many sacred lakes also known as "Kunda".
This trek is specially designed for hikers who wish to explore the heritage and the traditional and intact way of life of the indigenous Tamang people. It is also well known as a land of magic. It is a combined package of camping, nights homestay and trekking in lodge.
Arrival and reception at the airport and then transfer to your hotel.
D2: Kathmandu-Syabrubesi (1550m).
About 8 to 9 hours bus. You leave Kathmandu in the morning for Syabrubesi, a village which is also the starting point for hikes in the Langtang Valley. Your trip is on a winding road. On a clear day, you can enjoy an exceptional view of Manaslu, Annapurna and Ganesh Himal. You continue then down to the small village of Syabrubesi, starting point of your trek.
D3: Syabrubesi-Gatlang (2200m).
About 5 hours of walking. Your trek begins in Syabrubesi, and you walk to the village of Goljung enjoying views of Ganesh Himal, Shishapangma, Langtang Lirung and other peaks. Gatlang is a small village on a hill with traditional stone houses.
D4: Gatlang-Tatopani (2607m).
About 6 to 7 hours of walking. You start today's hike with a descent to Thangbuche and you swim with magnificent views of Ganesh Himal and Langtang Lirung. Then you go through the hydroelectric dam of Chilime and go up to Tatopani. The name Tatopani literally means "hot water" in Nepali because of the natural hot springs found there. However, the hot springs disappeared during the earthquake in Nepal in April 2015.
D5: Tatopani-Thuman (2400m).
About 6 hours of walking. You leave Tatopani to Thuman via Brimdang and Nagthali. Passing through the dense alpine forest, you reach the small settlements of Tamang and Brimdang. After a few hours of uphill walk to Nagthali, you will enjoy the fascinating views of Langtang, Sanjen, Kerung and Ganesh Himal. Then, the route descends to the Tamang village of Thuman and where you spend the night.
D6: Thuman-Briddim (2290m).
About 4 to 5 hours of walking. Today, you are on your way to Briddim to enjoy an even closer view of the mountains via a short walk over farmland. You also explore the beautiful village of Briddim.
About 4 to 5 hours of walking. Today, you will return to the starting point of your trek via a descent to Syabrubesi in 3 hours 30 walk.
About 8 hours bus. After breakfast, you take the bus back to Kathmandu full of memories of this Tamang heritage trek. Overnight in Kathmandu.
The price includes
- Airport / hotel / airport transfers
- Kathmandu / Syabrubesi /Kathmandu trip in private bus from 4 persons, else in public bus
- 11 trekking days full board accomodation in lodge, every meal with tea or coffee and on the 12th day, lunch during the trip Sundrijal / Kathmandu is included (except drinks)
- Trekking permit for Langtang National Park
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management Service)
- Supervision by the experienced French-speaking guide
- An assistant guide from 4 people
- 1 porter for 2 participants (in accordance with the regulations of the Union of Nepalese Porters, a porter carrying a maximum of 30kg, you will have to hire an additional porter if your luggage exceeds 15kg)
The price does not include
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Hotel in Kathmandu
- International flight
- Personal equipment (sleeping bag, hiking poles, water bottle, backpack, sunglasses, sunscreen)
- Personal insurance (mandatory: check that your insurance covers you in case of accident, ie all medical expenses, the cost of a helicopter evacuation and repatriation to return home)
- Entry visa to Nepal (check that your passport is valid for another 6 months after your return date)
- Transportation for visits in Kathmandu
- Fees in the city (museum, monument, monastery etc.)
- Costs caused by exceptional events (road cut, landslide, general strike, bad weather, snow .....) that can not be expected
Any trip interrupted or abridged, any change of program at the request of the participants (accident, illness, mountain sickness, early return, trek abbreviated ....) can not give rise to any refund.
- In lodge during the trek
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking