Manaslu trekking circuit
from 1350 € / p. from 2 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Come visit the Manaslu region, which was opened to tourism only in 1991, from the Daraundi Khola Valley to the Gurung villages (an important ethnic group in Nepal): Barpak, Laprak and Singla.
In this massif still very wild, the great Manaslu circuit is now a beautiful trek along tea houses. Some consider it the best trekking tour in Nepal. The path crosses all stages of vegetation, from rice fields to lawns and moraines. The gurung villages follow each other. The border with Tibet is not very far and Tibetans are implanted in number. The very typical villages of Samagaon and Samdo bear witness to this.
The views on Manaslu from different villages at sunset and at sunrise are breathtaking. The climb to the Larkya Pass at 5300m takes you to a "high mountain" environment.
Highlights of the great Manaslu circuit:
- Manaslu from every angle.
- A region with very little traffic.
- A great wild trek during three weeks.
- The Gurung, Samapa and Manangi ethnic groups.
D1 : Kathmandu
Arrival and reception at the airport, then transfer to your hotel.
D2 : Kathmandu.
Free day and preparation of the trek.
D3 : Kathmandu-Baluwa.
About 9h drive. Departure early in the morning. Night in lodge at 1000m.
D4 : Baluwa-Barpak.
About 5 hours of walking. By an easy trail you go up along the Daraudi Khola river. Night in lodge at 1900m.
D5 : Barpak-Laprak.
About 6 hours of walking. You continue the climb on a ridge to reach a small pass at 2815m, the highest point of our day, then you descend through the mountain pastures. Night in lodge at 2100m.
Ascending elevation: 1000m
Descending elevation: 700m
D6 : Laprak-Khorla Bensi.
About 7 hours of walking under the protection of Ganesh Himal. Beautiful and long descent to the Bhudi Gandaki river which rises in the Manaslu Massif. Night in lodge at 960m.
D7 : Khorlabensi-Jagat.
About 6 hours of walking. You climb progressively through the gorges of Bhudi Gandaki. Night in lodge at 1350m.
D8 : Jagat-Deng.
About 5 hours of walking. You cross several bridges through a beautiful pine forest of Bhutan, recognizable by their long silver needles. Night in lodge at 2250m.
D9 : Deng-Namrung.
About 5 hours of walking. You meet the first Tibetan villages. Last steep climb before camp in Namrung. Night in lodge at 2585m.
D10 : Namrung-Lho-Sama.
About 7 hours of walking. You cross several villages of Tibetan culture. Beautiful view of the mountains that form the border with Tibet. Night in lodge at 3500m.
D11 : Samagaun.
Rest and acclimatization day.
D12 : Sama Gaon-Glacier lake (Birendra Tal, 3640m)-Samdo (3700m).
About 5 hours of walking. The path climbs on gentle slope, you cross chortens, mani walls and have the possibility to see yaks. Night in lodge at 3700m.
D13 : Samdo-Dharma Shala.
About 5 hours of walking. The climb up a winding path to the base camp of the pass is gradual. You are dominated by the snowy peaks of Manaslu and Larkey Himal. Night in lodge at 4200m.
D14 : Dharma Shala-Larkey Pass (5300m)-Bhimtang.
About 8 hours of walking. Starting at dawn for a long climb on a moraine, the slope is gentle and the last meters are a little steeper but you are rewarded by a magnificent panorama of the surrounding peaks including the famous Manaslu (8162m). This day can be tricky, especially if there is snow, so we have to be careful. Night in lodge at 3800m.
D15 : Bhimtang-Dharapani.
About 6 hours of walking. You gradually find the alpine forests and by a long trail you follow the Dudh Khola river (the milk river) to reach Dharapani and the Marsyandi Khola river. Village at the crossing of the Annapurna tour.Night in lodge at 3800m.
D16 : Dharapani-Jagat.
About 6 hours walk by a path in a balcony, without difficulty, in the gorges of the Marsyandi river. Night in lodge at 1365m.
D17 : Jagat-Ngadi.
About 5 hours of walking. These two days of walking follow the new route of the road under construction and you cross the beautiful villages Bhundanda. Night in lodge at 900m.
D18 : Ngadi-Kathmandu.
About 7h drive. Night at the hotel.
The price includes
- Airport / hotel / airport transfers
- Kathmandu / Baluwa trip in private bus
- Ngadi / Kathmandu trip in local bus
- Insurance for the whole Nepalese team
- 15 trekking days full board accomodation in lodge, every meal with tea or coffee and on the 16th day, lunch during the trip Bulbule/Kathmandu is included (except drinks)
- Special trekking permit for Manaslu region
- License for conservation of Manaslu and Annapurna areas
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management Service)
- Supervision by the experienced French-speaking guide
- An assistant guide from 4 people
- 1 porter for 2 participants (in accordance with the regulations of the Union of Nepalese Porters, a porter carrying a maximum of 30kg, you will have to hire an additional porter if your luggage exceeds 15kg)
The price does not include
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Hotel in Kathmandu
- International flight
- Personal equipment (sleeping bag, hiking poles, water bottle, backpack, sunglasses, sunscreen)
- Personal insurance (mandatory: check that your insurance covers you in case of accident, ie all medical expenses, the cost of a helicopter evacuation and repatriation to return home)
- Entry visa to Nepal (check that your passport is valid for another 6 months after your return date)
- Transportation for visits in Kathmandu
- Fees in the city (museum, monument, monastery etc.)
- Costs caused by exceptional events (road cut, landslide, general strike, bad weather, snow .....) that can not be expected
- Hot water in the lodges
- Recharging batteries in lodges
Any trip interrupted or abridged, any change of program at the request of the participants (accident, illness, mountain sickness, early return, trek abbreviated ....) can not give rise to any refund.
- In lodge during the trek
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking