The Manaslu tour trekking
from 1390 € / p. from 4 to 15 personsInfos & Booking
I suggest you visit the Manaslu region, from the Daraundi Khola valley to the Gurung villages (an important ethnic group in Nepal) of Barpak, Laprak and Singla.
Opened to tourism only in 1991, this massif is still very wild. The great tour of Manaslu is now a magnificent trek along the tea houses. Some consider it the best loop hike in Nepal. The trail crosses all levels of vegetation, from rice paddies to grasslands and moraines. One Gurung village follows another. The border with Tibet is not far away, and Tibetans are present in large numbers, as can be seen in the distinctive villages of Samagaon and Samdo.
The views on Manaslu from different villages at sunset and at sunrise are breathtaking. The climb to the Larkya Pass at 5300 meyers takes you to a "high mountain" environment.
Highlights of the great Manaslu tour:
- Manaslu from every angle.
- A region with very little frequented.
- A great wild trek during three weeks.
- The Gurung, Samapa and Manangi ethnic groups.
I also offer other shorter, easier circuits in the region: the Manaslu balcony trekking, a trek in the Ganesh Himal massif, a crossing via Laprak and Darche Hill and, a little further afield, this trekking in the Ruby valley.
Day 01Kathmandu: Arrival and collect at the airport and then transfer to your hotel
Day 02Kathmandu: Free day and preparation for administrative
Day 03Kathmandu-Baprak: Approximately 9 hours drive. Departure early in the morning. We continue to follow the same river until Ranglung then we begin the steep climb to Barpak. Night in lodge at 1900m
Day 04 Barpak -Laprak: About 6 hours of walking, We continue the climb on a ridge to reach a small pass 2815m, the highest point of our day and descend through the mountain pastures. Night in a lodge at 2200m (Elevation: +750m -600m)
Day 05 Laprak – Khorla Bensi: About 7 hours of walking, Under the protective gaze of Ganesh Himal we leave Singla by a path on the mountainside then after crossing a final ridge we dominate the villafede Khorla. Beautiful and long descent towards the Bhuri gandaki which rises at the foot of the Manaslu massif. Night in a lodge at 960m (Elevation: + 450 -1650m)
Day 06Khorlabensi-Jagat: About 6 hours of walking, We gradually climb through the gorges of the Bhuri gandaki. Then we change banks and after a somewhat steep climb we arrive in the very pretty village of Jagat. Night in a lodge at 1350m (Elevation: + 850m -350m)
Day 07Jagat- Pewa: About 5 hours of walking, Long walk on a white path above the Bhuri gandaki, we cross several bridges through a beautiful forest of Bhuton pine trees, recognizable thanks to its long silver needles. Night in lodge at 1800m. (Height difference: +800m- 300m)
Day 08Pewa-Gap: About 5/6 hours of driving, We cross the first Tibetan villages, sometimes the path is tricky, you have to remain proud. Last steep climb before camp at Namrung. Night in lodge at 2380m. (Height difference: + 600m)
Day 09 Gap -Lho-: About 6 hours of walking, We cross several Tibetan farming villages where the dominant activity is the exploitation of wood in the middle of a forest mainly made up of spruce trees. Beautiful view of the mountains which form the border with Tibet. Night in a lodge at 3100m (Elevation: + 800m)
Day 10 Lho- Samagaun: Day of walking facing Manaslu through stone villages and the first steppe panoramas. Once installed at the Samagaon lodge, always depending on the time and the climate, we can take a leisurely stroll to Birendra Lake, a magnificent sky blue, surrounded by numerous cairns. You will then have the opportunity to overlook the valley to admire the view as well as to acclimatize yourself with a break by the lake at 3900m. (Height difference: + 800m – 730m)
Day 11 Samagaun: Day of rest and acclimatization with the possibility of either quietly visiting the village of Samamgaun which is recommended. Go up Glacier Lake Birendra tal 3700m. lodge
Day 12 Sama Gaon - Samdo: About 3/4 on foot, the climb is in a beautiful pine forest and quickly climbs to the beautiful lake and crevasses of the tormented Manaslu glacier. This truly magnificent place is worth the effort. After passing a big mani ''''''' more than 150 m long, a short but steep climb brings us to the village of Samdo 3750m, the last village before Tibet. Lodge. Height difference: + 480m -120m)
Day 13 Samdo-Dharma Shala: Around 4/5 hours of walking, The climb via a lacon path to the base camp of the pass is gradual, we are dominated by the snow-capped peaks of Manaslu and Larkey himal. Night in a lodge at 4200m (Elevation: + 820m -80m)
Day 14 Dharma Shala-Col du Larkey 5300 m-Bhimtang: Around 8 hours of walking, Departure at dawn for a hike up a moraine, the slope is gentle but the last meters are a little steeper and we are rewarded with a magnificent panorama of the surrounding peaks including the famous Manaslu (8162m). Don’t forget your Lung ta (wind horse), the prayer flags that we will hang to thank the local deities. The descent can be tricky, especially if there is snow; you will have to be careful. Night in a lodge at 3800m (Elevation: + 800m -1595m)
Day 15 Bhimtang- Goa: About 5 hours of walking, We gradually find the alpine forests and by a long path we follow the Dudh khola (the milk river_ to reach Dharapani on the banks of the Marsyandi khola. Village at the crossroads of the tour of Annapurna. Night in lodge at 2500m ((Height difference: + 100m -1000m)
Day 16 Goa-Dharanpani-Ngadi: Around 3 hours of walking to Dharapani, we take the jeep to Ngadi. Night in a lodge at 950m (Elevation: + 100m -600m)
Day 17 Ngadi-Kathmandu: Around 7 hours of driving, night at the hotel
The price includes
- Supervision by the experienced guide.
- Airport / hotel / airport transfers.
- Dharapani/ Ngadi by jeep private
- Ngadi/ Kathmandu by jeep private
- Kathmandu / Barpak trip in local bus.
- Ngadi / Kathmandu jeep private.
- 14 trekking days with full board accomodation in lodge, every meal with tea or coffee and on the 15th day, lunch during the trip Bulbule/Kathmandu is included (except drinks).
- Special trekking permit for Manaslu region.
- License for conservation of Manaslu and Annapurna areas.
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management Service).
- An assistant guide from 4 people.
- 1 porter for 2 participants (in accordance with the regulations of the Union of Nepalese Porters, a porter carrying a maximum of 20kg, you will have to hire an additional porter if your luggage exceeds 10kg).
- Insurance for the whole Nepalese team.
The price does not include
- Meals in Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- International flight.
- Personal equipment (sleeping bag, hiking poles, water bottle, backpack, sunglasses, sunscreen).
- Personal insurance (mandatory: check that your insurance covers you in case of accident, ie all medical expenses, the cost of a helicopter evacuation and repatriation to return home).
- Entry visa to Nepal (check that your passport is valid for another 6 months after your return date).
- Transport for visits in Kathmandu.
- Fees in the city (museum, monument, monastery, etc).
- Costs caused by exceptional events (road cut, landslide, general strike, bad weather, snow ) that can not be expected.
- Hot water in the lodges.
- Recharging batteries in lodges.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
Any trip interrupted or abridged, any change of program at the request of the participants (accident, illness, mountain sickness, early return, trek abbreviated) can not give rise to any refund.
- In lodge during the trekking.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking