The Manaslu balcony trekking
from 790 € / p. from 2 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
The Manaslu balcony trekking is one of the most enjoyable tourist routes in the Manaslu region.
This route is important from the historical, religious, ecological and cultural aspects, while offering magnificent views of the mountains. It has the potential to be considered one of the favorite tourist destinations in Nepal.
However, due to the new trekking route, the number of tourists is decreasing in this region. This is a shame because the people of the area are very friendly and give excellent hospitality to visitors.
Arrival and reception at the airport and then transfer to your hotel.
Free day and preparation of the trekking.
D3: Kathmandu - Baluwa (900m).
About 9 hours drive. Early departure in the morning. Night in a lodge at 1000m.
D4: Baluwa - Barpak.
By an easy path you go up along the Daraudi Khola river.
About 5 hours of walking, night in a lodge at 1900m.
D5: Barpak - Laprak.
You continue the climb on a ridge to reach a small pass at 2815m, the highlight of our day, then descend through the mountain pastures.
Approximately 6 hours of walking, positive elevation: 1000m, negative elevation: 700m, night in a lodge at 2100m.
D6: Laprak (2300m).
D7: Laprak - Gumda (2200m).
Balcony path to Gumda.
About 3 hours of walking, E+ :50m, E- : 50m.
D8: Gumda - Lapu Besi (820m).
You pass through Gurungs villages: Gumda, Yam Gaon and Lapsibot. From Lapsibot to Machhekhola the route goes downhill. You continuously admire the superb view of the Ganesh Himal.
About 6 to 7 hours of walking, E+: 50m, E-: 1050m.
D9: Lapu Besi - Arughat (750m).
Last day of walking through terraced rice fields and subtropical waterfalls.
About 6 hours of walking,end of the trek.
D10: Arughat - Kathmandu.
About 8 hours of bus trip.
The price includes
- Airport / hotel / airport transfers.
- Kathmandu / Baluwa trip in private bus if more than 4 persons, else in public bus.
- Arughat / Kathmandu trip in private bus if more than 4 persons, else in public bus.
- Ngadi / Kathmandu trip in local bus.
- 8 trekking days with full board accomodation in lodge, every meal with tea or coffee and on the 8th day, lunch during the trip Arughat / Kathmandu is included (except drinks).
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management Service).
- Supervision by the experienced French-speaking guide.
- 1 porter for 2 participants (in accordance with the regulations of the Union of Nepalese Porters, a porter carrying a maximum of 20kg, you will have to hire an additional porter if your luggage exceeds 10kg.
- Insurance for the whole Nepalese team.
The price does not include
- Meals in Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- International flight.
- Personal equipment (sleeping bag, hiking poles, water bottle, backpack, sunglasses, sunscreen).
- Personal insurance (mandatory: check that your insurance covers you in case of accident, ie all medical expenses, the cost of a helicopter evacuation and repatriation to return home).
- Entry visa to Nepal (check that your passport is valid for another 6 months after your return date.)
- Transportation for the visits in Kathmandu.
- Fees in the city (museum, monument, monastery, etc).
- Costs caused by exceptional events (road cut, landslide, general strike, bad weather, snow) that can not be expected.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
Any trip interrupted or abridged, any change of program at the request of the participants (accident, illness, mountain sickness, early return, trek abbreviated) can not give rise to any refund.
- In lodge during the trekking.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking