"La Cascade" via ferrata (Alpe du Grand Serre, Isère)
Duration : ½ day
France, Northern Alps
Level : easy
from 50 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
In the heart of the department of Isère, the via ferrata of the Cascade (The waterfall) is an initiation course which goes up on the south-western buttresses of the Taillefer massif. Located more precisely at the entrance of the Alpe du Grand Serre ski resort, on the site of the waterfall, it evolves in a wild and mountainous environment.
This via ferrata is not very difficult and is perfect for beginners, especially for young children, and for those who want to discover this activity gently. It is a course that children and families will love!
After a quick approach walk, we equip ourselves with a harness, a helmet and via ferrata lanyards. As the route is composed of three parts, the difficulty and time of the route can be adapted according to the group.
During the ascent of the first part ("The footbridges"), you start with a steep wall of 20 meters then you slalom between left and right banks of the waterfall. Equipped with cable bridges, footbridges and fixed beams, this section is the most fun and the most varied of the course. If necessary, an escape route allows you to return to the start, but it would be a shame not to continue.
The second part called "The walk" is more vertiginous. The via ferrata takes height, leaves the undergrowth, and after crossing a cable bridge, you evolve on easy rocky slabs. You can also enjoy a superb panorama on the whole valley. Here again, an escape route is possible if needed.
The third and last part of the via ferrata ("The balcony") is more sportive and rarely done. It leads to a steep spur and a lookout point, before taking a path that leads us back to the start.
If you feel like another challenge in a very different environment, I recommend you the urban via ferrata of the Bastille in Grenoble.
- Meeting point at the Alpe du Grand Serre, 45 minutes drive from Grenoble.
- 5 minutes walk to reach the start of the via.
- About 2 hours to climb the via ferrata.
- 30 minutes walk back to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Loan of the equipment necessary to practice the activity: helmet, harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absorber, climbing quickdraws, rope, etc.
- Professional liability insurance.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Alpe du Grand Serre.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking