Grenoble via ferrata: Les prises de la Bastille (Isère)
from 50 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
The only urban via ferrata in France, the via ferrata "Les prises de la Bastille" winds its way along the foothills of the Bastille fort in Grenoble. The departure is from the Porte de France, at the foot of the Chartreuse massif, and the itinerary is divided into two distinct parts.
Located in an old quarry, the first part is accessible, playful but vertiginous because it takes place at 50 meters high. After having gone up a steep pillar for about thirty meters, the itinerary leaves on the left for a long crossing. The progression is done with the help of the rock and the bars, and it is decorated with a cable bridge, a footbridge and a beam. Once this part is finished, a fifteen minute walk through the Guy Pape park leads to the start of the second part.
The second part is more difficult but offers two escape routes which can allow you to get out depending on the group's desires. It starts with a few overhanging and athletic meters, then continues with a long ascending traverse to the right, always with some physical sections. Fortunately, there are platforms to rest! Then, a short walk leads to the last section, easier but original because it goes up the walls of the Bastille to end in a pillbox.
On arrival at the top, you will enjoy an exceptional panorama over the whole city of Grenoble, as well as the Vercors, Taillefer and Belledonne mountains. It is then possible to go back down by a path in 20 minutes via the "Jardin des Dauphins" or to use the bubbles which will bring us back to the starting point.
If you are looking for other vertical via ferrata adventures, the Chartreuse massif has many itineraries that you will love:
- the Rocher de l'Envers in Saint-Vincent-de-Mercuze,
- the Roc de Cornillon in Bourdeau,
- the Vire des Lavandières (integral or intermediate) and the Grand Dièdre above Crolles,
- Roche Veyrand (also possible in discovery mode) above Saint-Pierre-d'Entremont.
- Departure in the morning or in the afternoon.
- Meeting point at the start of the via ferrata in Grenoble.
- 2 minutes walk to reach the start of the via.
- Approximately 3 hours to climb the via ferrata.
- 20 minutes walk back.
- Positive difference in altitude: 250 meters.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Equipment necessary to the practice of the activity: harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absborber, helmet, quickdraws, rope.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the start of the via ferrata in Grenoble.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking