Rébuffat route climbing on the Aiguille du Midi (Chamonix)
from 180 € / p. from 1 to 2 personsInfos & Booking
The granite of the Rébuffat route on the south face of the Aiguille du Midi is simply exceptional... every climber should come one day to climb it!
Above Chamonix, in the heart of the Mont-Blanc massif, this route climbed for the first time by the great mountain guide Gaston Rébuffat is an historic route that does not age, with major cracks, technical and varied pitches.
It has everything to spend an unforgettable day in the mountains with, as a back ground, one of the most beautiful scenery that the climbing planet can offer you. Personally I am a fan!
The price of the outing is 360€ to be divided by the number of climbers (2 persons maximum).
If you are a fan of technical multi pitch routes, we can also head south to climb the Desmaison route on the Pic de Bure in the Dévoluy massif.
- Appointment at the departure of the Aiguille du Midi cable car in Chamonix, the exact time is to be defined at the last moment.
- Cable car to the top of the Aiguille, then down the snowy ridge with crampons to the foot of the south face, at the departure for 250 meters of perfect granite.
- We climb light, because either I hoist the bag, or we will go down by abseiling according to the mood of the day.
- Technical slab, hand cracks, dihedral, ridge on this magnificent route mainly in grade 5 with a key pich in a technical 6a / 6a+.
- Arrival on the terraces of the Aiguille du Midi from where you can admire the exceptional view of the great peaks around: Mont Blanc du Tacul, Mont Maudit, Mont Blanc, Dent du Géant, Grandes Jorasses, Aiguille du Plan, etc.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Collective equipment: rope, quickdraws, cams...
- Loan of harness and helmet if needed.
- Loan of crampons.
- Safety equipment: radio, first aid kit...
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point in Chamonix.
- Cable car return pass: 73€.
- Guide's pass: about 25€.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking